Author Topic: How to record games in Steam.  (Read 7731 times)

MCRD/SD20091026

• (LMC) Friend
How to record games in Steam.
« on: July 04, 2009, 11:22:25 PM »
I figured this would be a nice thing to have on hand for those that have wanted, or want to record videos of themselves gaming or videoing your clan scrimmages or whatnot.

First, when in game open your console and type 'record name' (without the quotations), and where name is the name of whatever you want the video to be titled so for instance record scrim

After you're done playing, or wish to stop recording the game open console again and type stop

Once the video is finished you can watch the video by opening console and typing in 'playdemo name', but again, without the quotations.

Lastly, once you have recorded a video it will end up in your C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/username/insurgency/insurgency

Hope this is helpful, and clear :D! Happy gaming guys and gals.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." GEORGE ORWELL

SnakeShit

• I'm trying.
  • I'm the middle square.
Re: How to record games in Steam.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 03:03:03 PM »
Thanks for that, I have it written up here too http://www.lmcgaming.com/forums/index.php/topic,450.0.html

God knows nobody pays attention and instead they use fraps..which results in useless video when it comes to proving somebody is hacking..

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
Re: How to record games in Steam.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 06:29:43 PM »
So PLEASE PPL if you think someone is hacking remember to use this way to record them in a demo please. It is the only way the leaders can truly identify if someone is hacking. So for the hate of hackers type record demo1  in console and lets catch them in the act.
You Can Run But You Will Just Die Tired