Author Topic: It is I  (Read 1294 times)

Ingar

• (LMC) Friend
  • Lord of the Astral Plane
It is I
« on: April 28, 2017, 03:09:26 PM »
Hi LMC,

it is I, Ingar  :D You might have seen me before on the TeamSpeak server where I hang out
sometimes with the Flemish crew. Thanks to a divine intervention by the hands of LordHH,
my forum account finally materialized into existence.

I like computers, games and linux distributions. These days I've got a thing with
Elite Dangerous Horizons and a bunch of survival games,
although Goat Simulator is awesome too.

And rocket launchers.

"Doomsday device you say?" - Prof. Farnsworth

Marxman

• |LMC| Officer
  • Im in a tree
Re: It is I
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 06:57:59 PM »
Whats up man! Thanks for dropping an intro on the forums, its good to hear from you.

I have a thing with rocket launchers too. The girlfriend can never know
"I am not stopping the vehicle. There's no "I" in martyrdom."
--My SL after I asked to get out of a bombcar

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 08:07:09 PM »
Hey Ingar! Haven;t seen you in teamspeak for a bit, but I'm glad you you took the time to make an account and say hello.   :)

Euronymus

• |LMC| Officer
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 01:15:22 PM »
Welcome Ingar your reputation had reached us long before this intro.

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 04:12:58 PM »
Welcome to the community officially now. =P =)
What are your fav distros? You pllay with server distros too or just Linux Desktop? I'm a fan of (in order) Mint, Arch, Debian Jessie, Tails, Fedora 23, Kali, SmartOS (not linux but stil *nix, and vreat at virtualization); and I'm hoping to soon play with ChromeOS, Solus, Elementary, and a few others.
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

Ingar

• (LMC) Friend
  • Lord of the Astral Plane
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 05:08:09 AM »
What are your fav distros? You pllay with server distros too or just Linux Desktop? I'm a fan of (in order) Mint, Arch, Debian Jessie, Tails, Fedora 23, Kali, SmartOS (not linux but stil *nix, and vreat at virtualization); and I'm hoping to soon play with ChromeOS, Solus, Elementary, and a few others.

I use linux on my home server and on my desktop, although the latter is a dual-boot. I do most of gaming in Windows 10
and most of my "work" in linux. I settled on Arch Linux because of its lean install and up-to-date software repository, but I ran tons of different distros before: Slackware, RedHat (before it became Fedora), Gentoo, Linux From Scratch, FreeBSD. For 'real' servers I prefer Debian Linux. There's also plenty of stuff I played with in virtual machines (*ubuntu, *BSD, android ..) And then there's MinGW on Windows  ;D

Proof-of-geekness in attachement.
"Doomsday device you say?" - Prof. Farnsworth

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 10:15:17 AM »

I use linux on my home server and on my desktop, although the latter is a dual-boot. I do most of gaming in Windows 10
and most of my "work" in linux. I settled on Arch Linux because of its lean install and up-to-date software repository, but I ran tons of different distros before: Slackware, RedHat (before it became Fedora), Gentoo, Linux From Scratch, FreeBSD. For 'real' servers I prefer Debian Linux. There's also plenty of stuff I played with in virtual machines (*ubuntu, *BSD, android ..) And then there's MinGW on Windows  ;D

Proof-of-geekness in attachement.

LoL, that CD is pretty rad. Microsoft did a bang up propaganda job getting people not to use linux. So many years lost for me! Think of all the headaches I could've avoided and all I could've learned!