Author Topic: Ban appeal  (Read 150 times)

ArtilleryWhore1

Ban appeal
« on: June 06, 2018, 02:32:17 PM »
Hey, I know ive frankly been a hostile and angry person for a long time.
But i believe ive gotten better over the course of the time ive known the group, with the largest improvement taking place through-out this year. Im not as angry or hostile as i use to be, i try to avoid situations that will set me off.
I also haven't come around as much. And to my knowledge ive tried to abide by the new rules about No politics, recruiting or abuse.
And i try not to make politically incorrect remarks (joking or otherwise) while im in the ts.. in fact ive been doing it less over all everywhere this year (not just in ts).

That's why i was surprised to see i was banned for old infractions. especially when i hardly come around anymore.
I was going to drop by for a tick to see if anyone wanted to play warthunder when i discovered the ban.

Would it be cool if i come back so long as i continue to follow the new rules?

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
Re: Ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 05:51:44 PM »
Hey Artillery,

This wasn't taken lightly. We had a meeting about it.  From what certain individuals have stated, some of these violations happened recently.   

This was serious enough that we all had to have a discussion about it.  It's not even a question of being politically incorrect as you say, but straight up racist and trollish. 

Personally, I don't even know what politically incorrect or correct means.  I just hope that we can just be kind human beings in here and IRL.  Maintaining the integrity of this private space online is important to us.

Regardless, since you have appealed your ban, I will post a vote with all the officers and that vote will decide by majority.  If approved, it will serve as your final chance with no further recourse.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 07:17:52 PM by omniconsumer »

Klose

• |LMC| Officer
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 09:19:47 AM »
Not all of them were old infractions mind you, it was a lengthy discussion.

Euronymus

• |LMC| Officer
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 02:49:00 PM »
I would like to point out that these are not new rules and all can be found in our code of conduct... we happen to have been a little liberal in overseeing our TS. Please take time to read teh CoC and feel free to ask an Officer for clarification should it be necessary

http://www.lmcgaming.com/forums/index.php/topic,656.0.html

ArtilleryWhore1

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 07:16:50 PM »
I was referring to the (new) team-speak rules. that popup when you login.

As i have said before, i have made almost every attempt to follow the rules this year sense i was made aware of them, including the old clan rules through out out this year.

Some say i breached them a month ago, I genuinely cannot remember what i breached...
I have not used teamspeak much this year as ive been very busy irl...

Their are only 2 things i can remember that may have happened this year.. Once when blue and a few others were talking trash and ganging up on me, so i snapped for a min then left for about 2 weeks. (all i did was try to point out facts, and errors in playstyle... the same annoying things they do to me quite regularly) when i came back we apologized to each-other, virtually shook hands and moved on...

and the other about 1 month ago..

I came to Klose or was it marxs?? for some guidance cuz i needed someone to talk to..
My fiancee cheated on me and i had to cut her out of my life. I was hurt and understandably pissed off/upset..
Was this the anti female re-makrs you're referring to? I didnt get the impression anything overly bad was said, i asked some questions and wanted to know if i should do certain things or just walk away.

If its not these, then i have No idea what it was, and would appreciate some help remembering what the "new" infractions were.
As i have not used ts on a regular basis and have endeavored to improve my social behavior. So the chances for infractions are significantly reduced. I believe several can even act as a character witness/provide testimony that i have been less angry, complain less, and seem overall happier and more respectful this year vs when i 1st joined teamspeak.

My social skills progress aside...
We quite literally have people here with profile/avatar pictures of hitler/stallin/mao (insert other disgusting person from history here), we also have people talk trash and use 'colorful' language directed at other members all the time, especially during gameplay.

This is really feeling like a double standard... Cuz i only ever see a few people ever get any muck for it, and when someone else does the same things, suddenly its not ok....
its very hard to distinguish what ''is'' and ''isn't'' ok when you're trying to fit in, & have all these mixed signals..
(with rules saying one thing, but the whole of the teamspeak acting another way.)

Im not trying to point fingers, be hostile, or confrontational.
Im just giving you my observations/perspective.

Thats all i really have to say.
Ill check back in a week and see if anything has been decided.
Thank you for your time.

Euronymus

• |LMC| Officer
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 01:18:43 PM »
allow me the reply and give my perspective without intentionally offending. I need you to acknowledge that you know your behaviour was "debatable" at least on many ocassions in the past. Had we been enforcing our CoC more strict earlier this might have been a discussion on a much earlier moment... The specifics are in Kloses post and confirmed by other officers.  Why is this important...so you can start from a redeemable point.  Yes I believe that there was progress and that s why all of us have had patience... as we always try to do... . Imo the awareness and willingness to change are the best tools you have now. 

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 01:33:56 PM »
Hey, I know ive frankly been a hostile and angry person for a long time.
But i believe ive gotten better over the course of the time ive known the group, with the largest improvement taking place through-out this year. Im not as angry or hostile as i use to be, i try to avoid situations that will set me off.
I also haven't come around as much. And to my knowledge ive tried to abide by the new rules about No politics, recruiting or abuse.
And i try not to make politically incorrect remarks (joking or otherwise) while im in the ts.. in fact ive been doing it less over all everywhere this year (not just in ts).

That's why i was surprised to see i was banned for old infractions. especially when i hardly come around anymore.
I was going to drop by for a tick to see if anyone wanted to play warthunder when i discovered the ban.

Would it be cool if i come back so long as i continue to follow the new rules?

Please see your PMs for appeal status. 

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 05:39:53 PM »
We quite literally have people here with profile/avatar pictures of hitler/stallin/mao (insert other disgusting person from history here), we also have people talk trash and use 'colorful' language directed at other members all the time, especially during gameplay.

This is really feeling like a double standard... Cuz i only ever see a few people ever get any muck for it, and when someone else does the same things, suddenly its not ok....
its very hard to distinguish what ''is'' and ''isn't'' ok when you're trying to fit in, & have all these mixed signals..
(with rules saying one thing, but the whole of the teamspeak acting another way.)

This is a very good point. An perhaps we need another write-up on understanding some of the finer points of the Code of Conduct, or perhaps a "Code of Conduct by example" write up.

The meat of it is that largely it comes down to deference, and insult. Most everything is fair game, unless it is something most people agree is truly offensive/insulting by it's very nature. The line is drawn with deference in that if someone asks you not to say something because it offends them, then you respect that request.

I suspect a lot of the issue here is with regards to the awareness aspect of the CoC. We expect people to have an awareness of what is generally offensive, and avoid such behavior when in mixed company, or in public. You CAN also get in trouble for some things even when in sympathetic company (e.g.: racism). Some things we consider too poisonous not to completely discourage and moderate, else they lead to massive drama in the future.

It's important to understand that while we support free speech... the CoC prohibits a LOT of hate speech. By hanging in our zones (TS, game servers, etc), you are agreeing to be subjected to our rules regarding mature behavior. LMC is not a country, where free and open speech is critical, and we have to be open and accepting of everyone for the betterment of the society of individuals who happen to be born within. It is a community DEFINED by our shared acceptance of a specific definition of maturity, and our will to abide by it. We do discriminate (for membership) against those unable or unwilling to follow the CoC.

Your appeal sounds very sincere, and it's sad when we feel compelled to lock someone out when they express a willingness to change. But it's really about the collective patience of the members. When you wear that out...

Ultimately, in matters such as these (matters of forgiveness, and tolerance of those struggling to adapt to the CoC), it's up to the group as a whole. And if you said some things that got even one member upset enough to fight hard against forgiveness, it's an uphill battle.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:41:11 PM by ZenPhire »
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 07:53:56 PM »
This appeal has been denied.