Author Topic: dod_strand\dod_snow_bridge, new map  (Read 2174 times)

L1m1t3d_Fury

• (LMC) Friend
dod_strand\dod_snow_bridge, new map
« on: April 26, 2009, 12:48:45 am »
I tried to post in the section where it says Map downloads or something like that but I couldn't find the link so I decided to post it here. I purposed this map to trouble already and I wanted to purpose it to the rest of you guys. The map is called dod_strand, it is a replica of Omaha Beach. If we want to get more people onto the DoD:S server this would be the map to do it with. Right now as I am looking at the number of servers that have this, it is only about 3 (non-24\7) with the main server that has the most people being the eGo clan. Personally I love this map but I have a problem with the eGo server's being that it only allows for 2 snipers, if we were to use this map and up the class limit, I bet we would get a boost over their server.
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/16085

My other map idea is dod_snow_bridge, those of you sniper fans *cough* trouble *cough* will love this map. It is an open ended map with a giant bridge in the middle and a big valley down under. This map is pretty much a sniper haven with a lot of spots to hide and too many places for a sniper to cover by himself making capturing points very hard because you can be picked off from any place on the map. Another thing, we could do with this map is give each side a snow camo. I looked on Google and was unable to find any snow camouflage for Day of Defeat: Source but if any of you have modding experience then it would be a great benefit. Too many times have I found myself being sniped when all I can do is prone by white snow in my green\grey army colors. I can't find the file but I can e-mail it to anyone who has server access.

SnakeShit

• I'm trying.
  • I'm the middle square.
Re: dod_strand\dod_snow_bridge, new map
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 11:33:26 am »
I've played both and I'm pretty sure that making the server into 24/7 Strand was one of my ideas so long ago.  Unfortunately our DOD:S server is up and down more than Michael Jackson on a five year old boy.

Ms. Trouble

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 02:17:13 pm »
lol nice snakemuck.. but we could go ahead and try it i guess.. i'll work on it sometime this week after homework.. just remind me

SnakeShit

• I'm trying.
  • I'm the middle square.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 04:11:29 pm »
Oh I wasn't saying you were stealing my idea or anything..just that its a good one because I thought of it too, lol!  Anyways if we had Slayer's servers working..that would be great.