Author Topic: Project Reality Server Rules  (Read 3369 times)

viraL

• Look what I can do.
Project Reality Server Rules
« on: August 01, 2009, 02:40:58 pm »
Map Rotation (subject to change):

Asad Khal
Muttrah City
Jabal Al Burj
Al Kufrah Oilfields
Al Basrah
Karbala
Korengal
Operation Archer
Assault on Mestia
Kozelsk
Battle for Qinling
Seven Gates
Ejod Desert
Fallujah West
Op Barracuda
Operation Ghost Train
Road to Kyongan Ni
Sunset City
Tad Sae

Server Rules

1. Realism
- No suicide tactics (doesn't apply to Insurgents) this includes C4 jeeps, running people down repeatedly or ramming your vehicle into another players to kill both vehicles.
- Use vehicles and weapons in a realistic manner. Open to admin interpretation.
- No bunny-hopping, or any other unrealistic exploit of the Battlefield 2 engine to gain an advantage.

2. Teamwork and Communication
- Always squad up. You will be kicked if you do not comply.
- No locked squads unless it is necessary (vehicle squads, CAS, etc.) One man locked squads are strictly forbidden.
- Always try to communicate with your squad. Players who fail to communicate with their Squad Leader will be kicked. When the server is full, non-VOIPers may be kicked.
- All players are expected to follow their Squad Leaders orders. If you disagree with your Squad Leader, either work it out with him or find another squad. Rogue players WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
- Squad Leaders are expected to follow their Commanders orders. If you feel as though your Commander is in the wrong, let him know as you may have a better eye on the situation. Good Commanders will always rework a situation if possible. If your Commander is consistently in the wrong, raise awareness with the team or an admin.

3. Basecamping
- Main base camping will not be tolerated. It is unrealistic, and unfair to newer players. If you are caught basecamping you will be banned without warning. The exception goes to insurgents, where they are allowed to operate anywhere on the map.
- Do not destroy runways. If you are caught destroying a runway you will be banned without warning.
- During insurgency, BLUFOR forces may not fire into the mosque. BLUFOR forces must also avoid camping the exit. The exception is if BLUFOR forces need to traverse a route directly outside the mosque.
- If you are receiving fire from an enemy main, you may return fire to those involved. Do not fire unless fired upon.
- During AAS, if the enemy's main flag is in play and it is the last flag to capture, then and ONLY then may you attack the enemy main. If the flag is no longer capable (IE the enemy takes one of yours) you must pull back immediately.
- You are never allowed to attack the enemy Uncapturable Base at any time, under any circumstance.
- Aircraft may be engaged as long as they are in the air.

4. Teamkilling
- Intentional teamkilling or teamwounding will not be tolerated. Any players caught doing so will be removed from the game.

5. Conduct of Players
- All players must listen to any admin, and all members of LMC.
- All players shall remain cooperative and respectful during their time on our server. Any players caught griefing, or trying to grief will be removed instantly. We have a zero tolerance policy on this.
- Respect your fellow player. If you feel as though someone is being disrespectful, raise awareness with an admin.
- Cheating will not be tolerated. Any player caught doing so will be permanently banned.

6. Assets
- Squads with an asset name have priority for that asset. Duplicate asset squads are not allowed, and will result in player removal. Any players caught cheating this rule to get assets will be removed. This is open to admin discretion.
- Players caught stealing assets will be removed.
- Use all assets as intended. One manning vehicles will result in a kick.
- When a Commander is present, he has the final say on all assets. Squads named after assets will not guarantee assets.

Admins (all LMC members, but here are guys to look out for)

G3n
Five-0
Kauaiboi
omniconsum3r

« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 10:36:03 am by gsgen »

Ms. Trouble

Re: Project Reality Server Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 02:52:32 pm »
who are these people?

Mikie
theRVD

Plus i think admin should stay in the clan not people outside of it..
Also did this go by anyone before you posted it?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 02:57:16 pm by Ms. Trouble »

viraL

• Look what I can do.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 03:03:30 pm »
Five O is Mikie. I'm theRVD.

No, but these are the rules other servers go by. I didn't really make them as a final, I'm sure Kauai or someone will have some input.

Ms. Trouble

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 03:06:30 pm »
K just checking =)

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 04:12:02 pm »
Cant wait to play.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 04:14:52 pm by omniconsum3r »

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 10:52:52 pm »
- No locked squads unless it is necessary (vehicle squads, CAS, etc.) One man locked squads are strictly forbidden.

- Always try to communicate with your squad. Players who fail to communicate with their Squad Leader will be kicked. When the server is full, non-VOIPers may be kicked.
I think it should only be kick for non com, IF they grab a special kit without permission, OR they leave the SL's area (if they intentionally travel 50+ meters from the SL without permission).

Rogue players WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
Players should be able to make their own squad if the SLs are assholes. Which reminds me that respect WILL be important, and I will be strict.

- During insurgency, BLUFOR forces may not fire into the mosque. BLUFOR forces must also avoid camping the exit. The exception is if BLUFOR forces need to traverse a route directly outside the mosque.
Explain this please. =)

5. Conduct of Players
- All players must listen to any admin, and all members of LMC.
- All players shall remain cooperative and respectful during their time on our server. Any players caught griefing, or trying to grief will be removed instantly. We have a zero tolerance policy on this.
- Respect your fellow player. If you feel as though someone is being disrespectful, raise awareness with an admin.
- Cheating will not be tolerated. Any player caught doing so will be permanently banned.
Beautifully put!

6. Assets
- Squads with an asset name have priority for that asset. Duplicate asset squads are not allowed, and will result in player removal. Any players caught cheating this rule to get assets will be removed. This is open to admin discretion.
- Players caught stealing assets will be removed.
- Use all assets as intended. One manning vehicles will result in a kick.
- When a Commander is present, he has the final say on all assets. Squads named after assets will not guarantee assets.
I think we should add that no one can hold an asset for two rounds in a row unless it is alright with the team (this is so that everyone gets a chance). I would also like a rule that if someone destroys an asset due to negligence or mishandling they must surrender it to a more competent player (so if someone gets the heli and crashes it twice trying to take-off, they must give it to someone else if requested).

As for the asset squad naming and priority... I think it's good for now, but we should discuss it again after a couple weeks or month, and fine-tune the details.

Great-job Viral!

Aloha =)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 10:55:57 pm by KauaiBoi »
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

viraL

• Look what I can do.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 03:46:28 pm »
The mosque rule mirrors real life ROE. BLUFOR forces in Iraq and the middle east have these rules, so we should mirror this. It's also a permanent spawn point for the insurgents, so it kind of falls under the same rules.

The locked one man squads are terrible. People grab a sniper kit and sit and waste that one slot on the server that could be better used for a teamplayer.

By "fail to communicate" i mean players who don't listen, don't care, or are arrogant pricks that just cause muck. These players need to be removed, as they aren't what we need on the server. Sometimes, however, they may just be new players who need guidance so we need to keep that in the back of our heads. Don't always kick right away.

Do you disagree with the non-VOIP? I was more or less using it as "when we want an admin in, we kick nonvoip"

I don't mind people making their own squad and leading it however they like UNLESS;

-They are not being teamplayers
-They are promoting disruption
-They are asset stealing
-They are doing any other type of griefing

What I meant by rogue players, kind of goes hand in hand with the Locked squad rule. One man players who don't want to do what their SL wants to do so they make a squad lock it and just run around like an idiot. The team doesn't need this.

Five_O

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 04:24:27 pm »
For the most part I think the rules are fine.  Some fine tuning could be done.  I like some of the changes that Kauai came up with.  But overall it looks great.  I am so ready for your PR server....cant wait to play on it.....Great job Viral.....

Never rub another mans Rhubarb!

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 11:08:47 pm »
Sounds good then... although I would like the asset round limit added. I guess all the rest is golden. We can tweak the details later.

Aloha =)
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

viraL

• Look what I can do.
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 11:10:07 pm »
I'm cool with that.