Author Topic: Bathing your cat  (Read 2770 times)

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
Bathing your cat
« on: April 06, 2010, 10:06:05 am »

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

Ginjar

• (LMC) Friend
Re: Bathing your cat
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 05:58:29 pm »
I have a pair of welding gloves that i usually use, not really for baths but more for getting them into the cat carrier to take them to the vet. Also i figured out the best method for that. Pick them up and back into the bathroom while holding them with two hands. Make sure the cat carrier is pointed up and in the bathroom. Then you just back in and drop the cat in without ever giving them a chance to see it. Next, fling the door shut and haul em away.

Ms. Trouble

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 11:58:01 am »
Talk about over dramatic… You just grab the skin at the back of their neck, like what the mothers did when they were little. They can’t fight you and usually go limp…

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 12:46:25 pm »
Talk about over dramatic… You just grab the skin at the back of their neck, like what the mothers did when they were little. They can’t fight you and usually go limp…

LMAO... if only that wee true. You'd have to grab them so hard as to strangle or otherwise hurt them severely, sometimes they will submit, but the scruff technique only goes so far, and you have to know when to stop cuz it WILL hurt them (and they won't forgive you). I have owned 11 cats in my time and they all struggled like avoiding death when bathing time came. Best thing to do in actuality is just to stay calm and be forceful (but DONT hurt the poor wet pet). Having a cat is more about partnership, whereas dogs will submit, that muck just doesn't fly with cats lol. But maybe you just have a really mellow cat that doesn't mind so much. Or maybe I've only known psycho cats? I do know tht cat's are only BARELY domesticated, they are still much more wild than tame (at least when compared with a truly domesticated animal like dogs).

Ms. Trouble

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 09:26:32 am »
My cat gives up, and so did most at the vet clinic i worked at.

Maybe its cuz they know they can't win against a girl =P

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 09:30:22 am »
My cat gives up, and so did most at the vet clinic i worked at.

Maybe its cuz they know they can't win against a girl =P

LOL touche touche. You have a way with wet... cats. =)

Loplpops

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 02:43:19 pm »
I've never given a cat a bath, don't see a need if they groom themselves alright.

Blue Blood

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 01:42:29 am »
i think theres a wet pussy joke in here somwhere..!!! but cant seem to find it..???
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:43:44 am by omniconsumer »