Author Topic: Project Reality Squad  (Read 6135 times)

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
Project Reality Squad
« on: October 22, 2010, 06:54:16 am »
Listen up guys this is a great game and with the fixes they made it is even better than before. I run a server almost every morning if there are enough ppl to play on it. I would love to get us together and actually start working in real servers and getting good. Me and five do coop because we know it is a great way to learn the maps find places to set up bases and learn to pown ppl with vehicles. Yes the mortar is now my thing you build one and i will hit the target you want me too. If you have BF2 and are afraid of PR do not be come play and have fun with us and develop those skills. Warning if you gun for me in helicopter not responsible for you throwing up as i fly.
You Can Run But You Will Just Die Tired

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
Re: Project Reality Squad
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:17:47 pm »
Well, I can't because I am sleeping in the morning.

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 08:53:37 pm »
I can make most mornings (if I wake-up early enough). We already have a PR team (sT is PR as well). So we need to get organized. I'm def in!
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

Klose

• |LMC| Officer
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 10:25:30 pm »
I've decided against Pr so not interested chaps.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 03:43:53 pm »
You know I've seen this type of post before for a pr squad.  Why don't we post something in the pr forums asking if there are people, if not groups of people, that are looking for a place to play pr.

Its like recruitment, but not really because all we are looking for is more people that play pr seriously like we play ins.  I think this might be even more important now since Project reality is coming to arma2!   

Heck! (these thoughts are just coming to me now)  What if eventually we should consider starting a PR:Arma2 server?  I am not getting ahead of ourselves, just a thought we should put in the back burner for a bit.  We all know how hard it was to break into the BF2 PR.  We tried and we failed.  I think this happened because the current pr is stuck on this weird server dynamic where we only have a few popular servers where everyone plays.  Horrible!

I have seen demos of what they have so far in arma2 and I have to say I am impressed and its a 100 times better than bf2.  I think we should post something in their pr arma2 forums and start becoming active.

I know that some of you play pr in the mornings and love the new patch.  Are you active on their forums as well?  We should create a revised pr recruitment/cooperation proposal for arma2 and I guess bf2.  This is a great place to start.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f440-pr-arma2-general-discussion/77975-arma-2-faqs.html

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 03:46:10 pm by omniconsumer »

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 04:48:58 pm »
I play PR everyday....
"With a gun barrel between your teeth, you speak only in vowels."

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 09:50:24 pm »
I play PR everyday....

Yea that's great then.  If you have the time while you game can you think of ways to implement some of what I talked about for arma2 when it comes out?  I think the new pr will allow us do a lot more when it comes to recruitment and hosting a server we can populate. 

I am sure we can find many like minded individuals out there.

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 07:34:43 am »
Omni it is all you baby if you have the time we have the rescources for you to start asking those questions. Your right this was not really a post about a squads for PR more like here is a game ppl love to play even if not competitively. Lets start Playing and getting good at it. Then we can branch into competition if there is enough interest on the internet for that sorta thing. If this game is growing and branching out then it is an option for one of those games we get into as a clan. Still waiting on some fine tuning our intro for use on forums once it is done you can go to town with it. I would love to get some PR ppl that just want a place to play and hang out as well.  HINT if you see me in TS3 and i do not answer you Poke me i have headsets i do not wear 24/7 but i always check my pokes. 
You Can Run But You Will Just Die Tired

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 09:01:11 pm »
PR for BF2 is something I want to get away from.  I want it for Arma 2 already.  Then the party begins in earnest for me.

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 09:54:28 pm »
I'm actually finally happy with the new PR on BF2. Don't get me wrong, I am really stoked for ARMA2 PR... but I wonder if if will beat the gameplay from BF2 PR. Only time will tell eh?

Of course, now that my damn GPU is fried I can't even game anymore. =(

I guess I better start saving.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 10:02:54 pm »
Your Gpu fried? 

When I looked closely at my burnt out video card, it had samsung's name all over it.

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 10:54:24 pm »
Yeah. =(

It's really going wonky. Only started today, the rendering goes all acid trip and the whole PC just freezes and then just quits with nothing to show. =( I was able to override the fan control low-level to 100% and it worked for a little while, but now I can't run any game for more than 5min. *tear*

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 11:56:00 pm »
Yeah. =(

It's really going wonky. Only started today, the rendering goes all acid trip and the whole PC just freezes and then just quits with nothing to show. =( I was able to override the fan control low-level to 100% and it worked for a little while, but now I can't run any game for more than 5min. *tear*

Have you actually taken a look at the video card? 

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 12:00:39 am »

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 09:45:45 am »
Have you actually taken a look at the video card?

Not yet. The only hope I have is by cleaning it and resetting (or replacing) the heat-sink. If it's anything more, I'll have to send it in. =(

If you haven't already seen this. 

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380-project-reality-news/88061-pr-arma2-highlights-reel-3-a.html

I really can't wait to play this!!!!