Author Topic: ...  (Read 6437 times)

Blue Blood

• (LMC) Friend
Re: ...
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 04:35:00 am »
I think this is what 44 is trying to say and is so piffing right about.

Evoke

• |LMC| Senior Member
    • http://winkzor.deviantart.com/
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 10:03:26 am »
I can't believe that lmc has some that closed minded people in it. Have you even played the games you claim to be cod clones? I mean that you're all like "HURR DURR IT HAS ON SCREEN BLOOD SPLATTER/MODERN WEAPONS/WEAPON ATTACHMENTS/ENEMIES SO ITS A COD CLONE!!!!" How about you grow the piff up, you're basically saying that super mario is a clone of contra because it has lives.
Battlefield and the other games on that pic are NOTHING like cod except for a few similarities (modern, blood splatter), if you would have ever played them both then you would understand.

"you don't kill cod by trying to be cod" - ceo of EA.

Also, none of the cod games use frostbite engine.

Ww2 games are boring cuz there isnt anything new to them, everyone knows whats going to happen and how it ends. Tbh I'd rather play a ww2 stalker clone where, lets say, they nuked berlin because its different. Enough of history games, i want to see what would've happened if something went differently, like the germans successfully strike back or if they wouldve gotten a nuke built before the allies.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:09:42 am by Evoke »

Blue Blood

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 12:46:15 pm »
No mate, you grow up and stop crying over a piffing game its pathetic. why do you come in these forums if only just to bitch, correct and cry at us and tell us how closed minded and stupid we all are??

i have all the games there an yea they are pretty much the same muckty thing cus the companies know what sells to you kids, your all the same.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:31:51 pm by Blue Blood »

Marxman

• |LMC| Officer
  • Im in a tree
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2011, 01:27:51 pm »
Even more ignorant wall of text than the picture that started it

This made me laugh.  It's not only because of the similarity of the weapons and attachments, its all of the same game mechanics. I have played all 3 of those games, and I can tell you they're pretty damn similar. Killzone 3 might be a stretch, but MoH and CoD are almost the exact same piffing things ever since DICE tried to be all tacticool and modern with Tier 1. I don't know how you can't see the similarities between the games.

• Regen Health
  • Similar weapons (Of course they have to have them if its the same timeperiod)
  • A similar system of upgrades and rank progression in multiplayer
  • A lot of the same game mechanics (E.G. Killstreaks, Getting lots of points for stupid muck, a knife/melee function, same small cramped maps with no room, same general feel)

Your logic about comparing Super Mario and Contra just because they have lives is also incredibly flawed. Super Mario and Contra are 2 COMPLETELY different games in almost every aspect, Contra is top down, Mario is a side-scrolling platformer, the entire combat system in Mario is about jumping and fireballs; Contra's is about weapons and destruction. Hell they don't even have close to the same looks graphics wise. Also, of course the games aren't going to have the same piffing engine, THEY ARE 3 SEPARATE DEVELOPERS.  Since when has EA not wanted to be CoD? I cannot believe you are defending them. Maybe when BF3 comes it it will be different, but its pretty piffing close to be Activsion at the moment.

As for the last part, WW2 games are only boring if the game takes you to overused locations like Berlin and Stalingrad. There were plenty of other battles WW2 games could focus on. I like you Evoke, but damn, do your homework before you ever call CoD or DICE original.

"I am not stopping the vehicle. There's no "I" in martyrdom."
--My SL after I asked to get out of a bombcar

Evoke

• |LMC| Senior Member
    • http://winkzor.deviantart.com/
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2011, 03:09:53 pm »
No mate, you grow up and stop crying over a piffing game its pathetic. why do you come in these forums if only just to bitch, correct and cry at us and tell us how closed minded and stupid we all are??

i have all the games there an yea they are pretty much the same muckty thing cus the companies know what sells to you kids, your all the same.

Hahahahahahahaha! There's no way you can get that smug off my face, the only one crying here are you, and I must admit that your sad rage is rather hilarious.
I mean, look at my post, now look at yours. Tell me which one looks more like crying. To me it's yours, not mine.

If you own all the mentioned games then you seem to have issues with your eyes because you fail to see the differences, also, if the games are bad, why do you keep buying them?

I'll stop messing with you when you snap because you're funny like this. (also, my all the same what?)

Even more ignorant wall of text than the picture that started it

This made me laugh.  It's not only because of the similarity of the weapons and attachments, its all of the same game mechanics. I have played all 3 of those games, and I can tell you they're pretty damn similar. Killzone 3 might be a stretch, but MoH and CoD are almost the exact same piffing things ever since DICE tried to be all tacticool and modern with Tier 1. I don't know how you can't see the similarities between the games.

• Regen Health
  • Similar weapons (Of course they have to have them if its the same timeperiod)
  • A similar system of upgrades and rank progression in multiplayer
  • A lot of the same game mechanics (E.G. Killstreaks, Getting lots of points for stupid muck, a knife/melee function, same small cramped maps with no room, same general feel)

Your logic about comparing Super Mario and Contra just because they have lives is also incredibly flawed. Super Mario and Contra are 2 COMPLETELY different games in almost every aspect, Contra is top down, Mario is a side-scrolling platformer, the entire combat system in Mario is about jumping and fireballs; Contra's is about weapons and destruction. Hell they don't even have close to the same looks graphics wise. Also, of course the games aren't going to have the same piffing engine, THEY ARE 3 SEPARATE DEVELOPERS.  Since when has EA not wanted to be CoD? I cannot believe you are defending them. Maybe when BF3 comes it it will be different, but its pretty piffing close to be Activsion at the moment.

As for the last part, WW2 games are only boring if the game takes you to overused locations like Berlin and Stalingrad. There were plenty of other battles WW2 games could focus on. I like you Evoke, but damn, do your homework before you ever call CoD or DICE original.

You completely missed the point of the post, the wall of text wasn't written due to the ignorant image but due to previous posts combined. Also I never called cod or dice original and never will, the first contra was a side scroller and "super mario is a clone of contra cuz of lives" was obvious sarcasm (that you, obviously, failed to notice) due to the rather few features shared in cod and its so-called "clones". EA has never wanted to be activision because they want to be better and release quality games not annually copy-pasted ones (cod4-blops). And i suggest you read the rest of the thread word by word to see that mentioning the engine was for .44.

Also, the post was directed mostly at the battlefield series. You seemed to miss that important point and blabbled about other insignificant games.

Klose

• |LMC| Officer
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2011, 03:31:31 pm »
Stop the flame war gentlemen and don't feed the fire Evoke.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2011, 08:50:23 pm »
I've already dealt with this.  To put it simply, if you can't get your point across in a civil and respectful manner then you will be dealt with.  I'm not talking about those pussy warning either.  I'm itching to break out my ban hammer. I don't have the patience for this, ESPECIALLY when I have mentioned this several times. 

*Topic locked*

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 08:53:15 pm by omniconsumer »