Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 11314 times)

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2011, 09:49:36 pm »
I do think that RO2 will be different though (at least, I hope it will); and that it will offer a great blend between tactical gameplay and action.

Google it dude, I would link you but I'm in a rush to work!  It's going to be so awesome just because it's made only for PC.  In my opinion, that alone put's it one leg up on the other games already.

Oh I know the feature list. I've seen all the developer commentaries and such. I just never really know how a game will play and what the community will make of it. After all if the community is terrible, the game looses a lot of fun. I stopped playing PR for a couple years simply because the community became seriously nasty and self-righteous.
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

Evoke

• |LMC| Senior Member
    • http://winkzor.deviantart.com/
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 10:06:31 pm »
I'll add one thing about bf3.
The devs put more work into the PC version than the console ones, that means more (most likely tactical) features on pc!

Klose

• |LMC| Officer
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 10:09:02 pm »
Let us all just remember that sometimes a game isn't all the reviewers or creators say it will be and just because of other fps games not living up to our standards doesn't mean we can judge a game by its cover. Though I have my own opinions on how fps games have been casually casualizing the entirety of the gaming industry and muckting a brick on RTS games standards; due to a lack of attention spans for more thought and elogence. We must not judge this or make an assumption for something that we know little about so far. Now I will be dead before I see this game be hampered before there are actual in depth game videos.

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 10:23:19 pm »
I'll add one thing about bf3.
The devs put more work into the PC version than the console ones, that means more (most likely tactical) features on pc!

That's good news! I don't like it when they port it straight over and it feels like a console game. R6V was like that. I'm glad they put more effort into R6V2 to avoid that.

I still wish they were going to provide modding tools though.

Evoke

• |LMC| Senior Member
    • http://winkzor.deviantart.com/
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2011, 12:46:10 am »
For some reason I think that they work on the console version and pc version seperately even though the game itself stays pretty much the same (like bf2 for pcs and bf2: modern combat for consoles) so I don't think it's going to be a console port.

But I hope that they are going to add modding tools too (they may but not confirmed) because it looks like it has great potential for mods (PR for example?).

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2011, 03:07:32 am »
But I hope that they are going to add modding tools too (they may but not confirmed) because it looks like it has great potential for mods (PR for example?).

Yeah, you'd think right? lol  Though I was comforted with the fact that Pr is coming out as a mod as well as a stand alone retail game.  I've always had a lot of respect for their development team.  They do it right.  Imagine if the Ins development team had been like them?  That would've been great.

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2011, 10:44:14 am »
If they were going to release modding tools and there were already modders going to work on some fun and tactical mods, I'd buy it without hesitation.

Klose

• |LMC| Officer
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2011, 01:30:31 pm »
They will have a hardcore mode that will be as close to tactical as you can get and no games now adeays are made as tactical games. The last good tactical game was rb6v2.

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2011, 05:22:06 pm »
The last good tactical game was rb6v2.

Which reminds me, we should play that more often! Love that game. There are other tactical games that are recent; they are just hard to find, or have serious shortcomings, or zero players. ARMA2, Breach, AA3, Operation Flashpoint 2, ...

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2011, 11:50:49 am »
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:37:38 am by .44 Caliber Love Letter »
"With a gun barrel between your teeth, you speak only in vowels."

Klose

• |LMC| Officer
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2011, 01:05:10 pm »
I think your being way too critical of a game that hasn't even come out yet 44, for mucks sake its the campaign on easy probably, also as far as i am concerned its better then medal of honor, and also i haven't seen any deterring factor  for my purchasing of this game because i am not going to base it off of a campaign video thats 12 minutes. Its a little ridiculous. Wait until theres an actual mp video before we make predictions and besides you bought black ops didn't you? Its a piece of crap game that we all have played. Just wait for some more game play and videos.

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2011, 02:11:32 pm »
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:37:48 am by .44 Caliber Love Letter »
"With a gun barrel between your teeth, you speak only in vowels."

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2011, 02:16:36 pm »
All games now-a-days have an arcade-like mode (usually default), and then a hard-core mode. The game actually looks pretty good and I didn't see a cone of fire. I saw actual 3D recoil (but of course that could just be an effect). Still It's got a lot of potential and I think it could really shine. I just really hope that people will mod it. I agree that RO2 looks much more promising as a tactical shooter. But you never know. BF3 could be much better. We can only hope that by years end at least SOMETHING will be fun and playable.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:20:17 pm by KauaiBoi »

Chavis01

• (LMC) Friend
  • Ninja Soap!
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2011, 02:29:04 pm »
Well I'm going to get the game anyways.  ;D

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2011, 02:41:39 pm »
It was kind of cool how he blew that building straight to hell with that LAW.