Author Topic: Video Gaming Possibly Causes Death of Dude  (Read 2733 times)

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
Video Gaming Possibly Causes Death of Dude
« on: August 01, 2011, 01:09:03 pm »
Turns out this dude played for so long, developed a blood clot and then died.  They say it probably developed because he sat in the same position for so long that it developed and eventually moved through his blood to kill him.  So sad,  make sure to not sit in one spot for 12 hours.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2011/07/30/2011-07-30_xbox_addict_chris_staniforth_killed_by_blood_clot_after_marathon_gaming_session_.html

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
Re: Video Gaming Possibly Causes Death of Dude
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 01:18:32 pm »
Wow... I do this every day though. Maybe I'll invest in an office chair that has an atttached exercise bike lol.
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 02:39:35 pm »
Wow... I do this every day though. Maybe I'll invest in an office chair that has an atttached exercise bike lol.

I think all you have to do is move around a little bit.  You're telling me you actually sit in the same spot like a gamer with his eyes affixed to the screen with a controller in your hand for 12 hours straight? 

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:46:34 pm »

I think all you have to do is move around a little bit.  You're telling me you actually sit in the same spot like a gamer with his eyes affixed to the screen with a controller in your hand for 12 hours straight?
I guess you'd would have to sit pretty still for that to happen eh? Yeah I move and fidget quite a bit when I work, and I move my legs into all kinds of freaky positions. Then there's the occasional trip to the fridge for water and taking the dogs outside every 2 or so hours, so I gots little to worry about. =)
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

Marxman

• |LMC| Officer
  • Im in a tree
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 04:11:15 pm »
He was an idiot who had a serious problem with videogames. Now there's going to be another muckstorm about vidya games and health risks. Whoopeeee.
"I am not stopping the vehicle. There's no "I" in martyrdom."
--My SL after I asked to get out of a bombcar

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 04:39:00 pm »
He was an idiot who had a serious problem with videogames. Now there's going to be another muckstorm about vidya games and health risks. Whoopeeee.

There isn't going to be any hailstorm of muck because one kid died.  It's not like he was the son of the President. 

Supposedly this kind of stuff happens in Korea all the time?  That's what my friend was telling me earlier, but I never bothered to look it up.

sjut

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 12:00:15 pm »
this man is a goddamn hero.

look at that picture. his mouth is smiling alright but that's about the only part of his face that has energy to spare for the facade on that picture.
just look at the determination in his eyes, he's not joking around. that's true grit right there.

it was either he or his xbox that was gonna be left standing in the end.

went out fighting, went out like a man. we are fortunate to have an example like this to look up to.