Author Topic: Battlefield 3 Beta - Coming This Week!  (Read 2149 times)

yourworst

• |LMC| Inactive
Battlefield 3 Beta - Coming This Week!
« on: September 25, 2011, 02:14:55 pm »
Battlefield 3 Beta is coming soon! Thursday to be exact! For those who plan on playing the beta here are a few links and a few ways to pre-setup for the install and to get into the battle quicker!

Dates for BF3 Beta
Beta Opening
- September 27th, 2011 for gamers who own Tier 1/Limited Edition of Medal of Honor
- September 29th, 2011 for gamers who pre-ordered Battlefield 3 Limited Edition

Beta Ends
- October 10th, 2011

Official Release
- October 25th, 2011

Requirements
- A Origin Account
- EA's Origin Software (Yes, Due to the fact Origin Launches BF3 it is required to play the Beta and BF3)
- A pre-order of Battlefield 3 (Limited Edition) or Tier 1/Limited Edition of Medal of Honor

1) Create an account with Origin; http://store.origin.com/
2) Download and Install Origin ~50Mb; http://www.origin.com/about?easid=Origin-Origin_Web_HPRnav_Download
3) On September 29th, 2011 Battlefield 3 Beta will be available through the Origin Software (More details about where and how to install from Origin will be coming soon)

Minimum PC Requirements
PROCESSOR: 2 GHZ DUAL CORE (CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ OR ATHLON X2 2.7 GHZ)
MEMORY: 2 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): DIRECTX 10.1 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 SERIES, WITH ATI RADEON 3870 OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): DIRECTX 10.0 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 SERIES WITH NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

Recommended PC Requirements
WINDOWS 7 64-BIT
PROCESSOR: QUAD-CORE CPU
MEMORY: 4 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD: DIRECTX 11 COMPATIBLE WITH 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950)
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

Source(s):
http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta
http://www.origin.com
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 08:34:39 pm by yourworst »

yourworst

• |LMC| Inactive
Re: Battlefield 3 Beta - Coming This Week!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 02:03:26 pm »
BETA IS OUT NOW!

I'm currently downloading it and hoping to hop in for about 45mins before work (should have called out ;) )

Please throw in any thoughts about the beta what you guys think and maybe a few screen shots, I'll throw in some tonight after work.

A little information from my last post:

Once you have started up the Origin software and have your Beta Key ready, Go to the top right of Origin, there will be a image of a "Gear" for options, in those options it will say "Redeem Product Code", Click that, input your code, hit next, hit next again, and you will be notified if your key was accepted or not, for those who didn't pre-order MoH or BF3, try and sneak a Beta Key from, http://www.enterbf3.com/ , the post is about 5 stories down, there is also an attachment with more Beta Keys in an attachment, Luckily I didn't have to use these so I'm not sure if they are used up yet or not.

Toffle

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 06:50:44 pm »
I had an invite sitting in my email.  Downloading at the moment.

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 11:09:10 am »
I'll paste the shout box  here so that it's not lost. =)
.44 Caliber Love Letter: played bf3 beta, I won't buy it
Delete September 30, 2011, 05:55:18 PM
.44 Caliber Love Letter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohtCzd697lc - watch that
Delete September 30, 2011, 05:55:43 PM
Toffle: I like BF3 beta.  2 complaints: 1) can see snipers from a mile away because they light up 2) red triangles above enemy heads let me shoot blindly and get kills
Delete September 30, 2011, 11:41:09 PM
yourworst: Don't judge the game on the Beta, the Beta in my opinion was a rushed release, and it needs A LOT of attentions and patch work, everyone is disappointed with the BF3 Beta. My self included.
Delete Today at 05:27:04 AM
Toffle: I think they want the "lightbulb" scopes on snipers and the red triangles though.  I don't think those are bugs.
Delete Today at 10:25:41 AM
omniconsumer: To be honest, lightbulb copes and red triangles sound kind of dumb to me, but I was never going to get that game anyway.
Delete Today at 11:36:02 AM
omniconsumer: They aren't even releasing modding tools, maybe later they will..who knows.
Delete Today at 11:36:27 AM

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 11:16:14 am »
Well, I'm not really sure how I feel since I can't play hardcore mode in the beta. =P Of course I hate the regular mode because bullets to the head don't kill. There's a lot of recoil and it really feels like I'm always fighting with it, and it's winning. Because others seem o have to problem killing me, but for me to get a kill it's like the stars have to align. =(

The immersion is great and the recoil feels interesting. One problem I'm having is I can't friggin SEE anyone in the map most times. I just don't have the BF eyes or something. everyone seems to have the crysis cloaking lol.

It was ok to play though and I'll be putting in some more time (sometimes you just have to play until you push past that entry barrier). Hopefully I'll have more fun next time. I'm not at all enthused with the gameplay though... it's BC2 run and gun all over again. thank god there is prone, so I can at least use the ground as cover, but I really wish there was leaning or some kind of cover system. I mean  there's no real cover utilization that I'm seeing. Everyone just runs around. Disappointing, but I'd love to play with some of you who have the beta... maybe we can have an LMC BF3 beta night? 
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

Klose

• |LMC| Officer
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 02:22:47 pm »
The game is ok, weapons and equipment are nice, but hit boxes aren't really that great. There are annoying glitches and no one dies to assault rifles. Also the flashlight is the most effective weapon on the beta level. When i played yesterday, i liked it, played it today and it just inst really that much fun... wish it had a bigger map too. I'm not making my judgement on the game as of now, ill wait till the full game comes out. Its not on my top list of games i want to play at the moment wither.

Anyone else have some random glitches while playing? Random flashing screens and it seems like a very laggy game, not by fps lag, but server lag because the servers suck.

Toffle

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 03:41:03 pm »
The beta runs flawlessly for me.  If they ever had a realism mod it would be right up there with the best of the best.  Red triangles marking enemy units and scope glare remove a lot of the realistic immersion for me.  I'll buy the release version just to shoot stuff with choppers though.