Author Topic: Populating the RO2 Server  (Read 11060 times)

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
Re: Populating the RO2 Server
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 11:49:23 am »
So far this week has been way better than last weeks slump.  This was because of help from members like Truevibe, Kauai, Yourworst, Forward and Blue blood.  It is truly appreciated.  :D

We also have some regulars who are instrumental in helping to populate our server and just hang and game with each other.  These dudes are awesome and I encourage them to join our little community!

ViralOmega, Decayingomega, PT-Soldat, Ossius, Frost[SWB], {ReG} Squirtle, Lordofpudding, S. Sokolov

Thank you guys!  You don't know how much I personally appreciate it and LMC owes you a debt of gratitude.  Of course I will thank you myself the only way I know how, a bayonet to the face! heh.  Because nothing say appreciation like a good eye stabbing.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 01:03:19 pm by omniconsumer »

Viralomega

• I'm on my way!
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 11:56:52 am »
"Of course I will thank you myself the only way I know how, a bayonet to the face! "

Thats the most kind thing anyone has ever said to me :)

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 01:04:23 pm »
"Of course I will thank you myself the only way I know how, a bayonet to the face! "

Thats the most kind thing anyone has ever said to me :)

Well, it is much deserved as I am quite sure you are aware! lol

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 07:39:53 pm »
Really need people to idle in the server during part of the day, especially around 1-3pm EST.  No need to even play, but if you like to see one of our servers full of players and potential for new friends and gamers joining our community then please feel free to help.  Kind of disheartening to see people online when they could just as easily be idling for a bit to help. 

The top servers that are always full are [2.fJg], [SFSS] and =7Cav=.  I don't know what they are doing that is so different from us to be honest, but it's working.  I am guessing they have a small group of dedicated RO2 players which play this game mostly so that they can get their servers started.   

We do have a small group of server supporters for which I am thankful.  I have had a fun time with many new people on our server.  We have a growing steam group and we will be planning events and scrims as time goes on.  There have been many good times that have already been had and many more to come I am sure.  There are many silver linings to these dark clouds. 

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 11:27:28 pm »
They released an update to fix more and add alpha stage demo recording.

Web admin was down and it took several hours of work from Zenphire-kauai and I track the problem down to some changed settings in a configuration file. That was some weird stuff.

Lets get this party started in earnest!  ;D

Truevibe

• |LMC| Inactive
  • I gots da groove
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 06:28:14 am »
Happy we got things sorted.  Now the good times roll!

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 09:34:30 am »
Web admin was down and it took several hours of work from Zenphire-kauai and I track the problem down to some changed settings in a configuration file. That was some weird stuff.

Yeah great catch on that error, Omni! Hail Omni, RO2 wizard! What would we do without you?
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

Fuzyfalcon

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 10:24:53 am »
I am unable to join the server except for using the ip to join. I have the filter set to all for everything yet somehow I think it is being filtered out along with the 30 or so servers that the game says are being filtered even though I have everything set to all. That could be part of the issue that is causing very few people joining.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 12:48:51 pm »
I am unable to join the server except for using the ip to join. I have the filter set to all for everything yet somehow I think it is being filtered out along with the 30 or so servers that the game says are being filtered even though I have everything set to all. That could be part of the issue that is causing very few people joining.

That is a bit worrying.  Can anyone else confirm this?  I'll have to go home and see if I have the same problem.  The server popularity has fallen a lot in the last two weeks or so.  We are considering other options for having a dedicated server as well, instead of paying for one every month.  However, I think people just play on that one [2.fJg] 64 player server all the time. 

At the same, I have said in the past that people just need to idle in the server like I do so people join thinking they won't be alone and play our bots.  This way we could help develop a community on our server. 

We need people dedicated enough to do that for this game.  I spent a lot of time the first couple of months helping to develop a little server based community and getting the server populated myself.  We have had some relative success though we do not have consistent players/members to help propel the server even further.  Things could always change on a dime! 

Until then lets keep on kicking ass in this game! 

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 10:38:23 pm by omniconsumer »

Fuzyfalcon

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 10:21:22 am »
You mention playing against the bots, however, when I joined the server a few times I never saw any bots.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 11:37:54 am »
Yeah, I have to restart the server sometimes.  They are there now.   :)

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 01:58:20 pm »
I'll be idling in the server all day again when I get my gamer back up and running. As I idle I always look at HLSW and see if ppl are joining, if any do join I jump in a play a round and try to convince them to stay till others join. I'm too busy though to actively populate. =(  But I've done my duty and well for 3 years, so I think it is time for our members to start to pick up the slack. =)

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 09:01:35 am »
I have been adding more bots to the server.  They are at 16 now and are on Hero difficulty I believe.  More people play on our server because of this and also because we idle in the server because who wants to join a completely empty server?  Imight add 2 more, but am not sure just yet.

At any given time over the last several days I have seen 4-5 people on the server which isn't much, but hey..it's something.

As far as our group is concerned, I think most have given up on this game already or choose to play in other servers as I've seen.  Who can blame them though? It's more fun in a populated server and what is gaming if not fun?

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 04:46:15 pm »
As far as our group is concerned, I think most have given up on this game already or choose to play in other servers as I've seen.  Who can blame them though? It's more fun in a populated server and what is gaming if not fun?

I doubt it, I think we are just not laying as much. The only regulars were us and Treuvibe, and I'm still having PC issues and am scary busy. I only ever play on our server, I just don't have time to play unless it's scheduled, so I'm kinda saving up my playtime for the 4F team.

Though I also share your concern, we are pumping money into this server and it feels like nobody cares to even play on it or recruit... I think it's just a slow period right now. Things always pick back up. =)

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2012, 07:15:48 pm »
I hope I wasn't sounding too negative.  It wasn't meant to be.  It does feel like a slow period.  I will be scheduling practices for the 4f team in the near future.

Have you been able to check out the SDK?