Author Topic: Populating the RO2 Server  (Read 11061 times)

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
Re: Populating the RO2 Server
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 10:28:51 pm »
Haven't had time to check out the SDK. Figure I'll wait till a mod comes out. That way I know it works lol. Until someone produces a mod that works it could be a waste of time. But I WOULD love to work on an RO2 mod project one of these days. I just hope RO2 interest picks back up. Seems like the general population is dwindling next to BF3. =(
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 02:50:56 pm »
I've noticed no one but me is idling at all.  I don't expect you guys to do what I do, well, because lets face it, you aren't as awesome as I am.

However, I know some of you keep your computer on during the day (even at night) and have the pc resources to idle in the server and get the bots going at least so we can attract more players.  You can even use the program "process explorer" to set ROgame.exe to run in background mode and use one cpu. 

I never see any of you (besides mowskwoz once in a bit) even trying.  I'm not asking for you to sit there for hours trying to populate the server, but to just idle in it for a bit.

I am asking this especially now since we have a primary server and a secondary server and I can't be in both at the same time unfortunately. We also have a training and scrim server which we have utilized when we need it and a donated kick ass server we never make use of. 

Let's not get complacent.  As we actively attract more serious gamers and delve further into scrims and competetion, this will change.

Until we are in full gear, get your ass in the server and let me sleep for pity's sake!  I have to live outside this game!

MowSkwoz

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 05:07:04 pm »
No. Just no. If I do that, then how will we get awesome threads like this?

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76429   

If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend it.  ;)

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 09:05:01 pm »
Just read it and posted, I can't believe that thread exists lol. But so many trolls on those forums too.
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012, 02:34:01 pm »
We're one out of two groups that have a server in NJ/NY.  I don't know whether to be sad or glad.

MowSkwoz

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012, 05:33:22 pm »
Rated #1?

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 05:52:41 pm »
Rated #1?

LoL, yeah...out of two.....Score! lol

MowSkwoz

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 06:06:28 pm »
WE WIN!!! YES!!!

MowSkwoz

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 06:12:17 pm »
I'll get in the habit of getting the bots going too.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 06:16:58 pm »
I posted on the TWI forums about having them on w/o having to activate it.  Perhaps you guys can post and support?  ;)

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76608

MowSkwoz

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 06:38:54 pm »
I think there may be a minnetplayers setting that affects this. I'll do some research. I remember a thread asking this same type of thing.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2012, 06:38:12 pm »
I am glad to announce the launching of our 64 player server! It has been one day since launch, there have been but a few server population hiccups, but it's coming along well! 

Come check us out and let us know what you think. Feedback is needed!  We also need to keep an eye on the server as I hope I am not too hopeful in thinking that it is going to be a success, at least relative to when there were only a few players playing everyday. 

BOTS are needed for now.  They disappear at 40. 

Please support our threads on the TWI forums:

New  64 Player Server Thread:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1063997#post1063997

4F Team Thread
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=72903

LMC Gaming Thread
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=54020

MowSkwoz

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2012, 12:21:24 am »
Nice job Omni! Man, you've been putting in the overtime with the servers. I appreciate the heck out of the work you're doing man. Are you thinking of setting a night or two for server population pushes? I know with the RO2 Free Weekend coming soon, it would be great for us to get in there and do some networking. Bring in some new players and attract some vets too. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out!

PeteAtomic

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2012, 04:07:48 pm »
How big will your server be? 50, 64, or another number?
Regardless, I really would like to see u guys succeed. More choice in servers, the better.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2012, 04:40:13 pm »
How big will your server be? 50, 64, or another number?
Regardless, I really would like to see u guys succeed. More choice in servers, the better.

Thanks man,  It is supposed to be 64.  We know our hardware can handle it.  Even more hopes on server performance improvements in the next update.  We had it running on test run bases for a couple of days.  Though it didn't get full for us to completely gauge the performance, it looks very positive.

All we are doing right now is waiting for twi to white-list our server ip so it can be ranked. Taking forever!!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 07:38:58 pm by omniconsumer »