Author Topic: Mexico's Drug War  (Read 2116 times)

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
Mexico's Drug War
« on: December 17, 2011, 02:38:19 pm »
I have to bang out a 10 page analysis brief on this subject matter in relation to human rights abuses in a couple of days.  I just watched this documentary as a warm up and it was really interesting. 

These trans-criminal organizations, or "cartels" which is really more of a journalistic term, are ruthless.  However, the state is under international obligations to its citizens while the cartels are not.  Since the Mexican government launched its offensive in 2006, thousands of ordinary citizens have been murdered, disappeared or worse by both sides. 

BBC: This World: Mexico's Drug War

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
Re: Mexico's Drug War
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 08:52:41 pm »
I'll have to find time to watch this and read your write up (when it comes), I know shockingly little about the situation there.
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

Panic

• |LMC| Missing
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 02:46:43 pm »
i have family that lives in Texas and in LA. my uncles wife is from small village outside of TJ. she has had friends who have gone missing. it is horrible stuff
"I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock you when PANIC strikes you like a storm and your calamity comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you"    Proverbs 1:25

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 11:19:55 pm »

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 09:52:20 pm »
It's crazy. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 12:30:36 am by omniconsumer »

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 04:21:31 pm »
This is my kind of watered down policy analysis on the subject matter.  I made it as succinct as possible because my professor says she's too busy to waste time reading extra wordage lol, makes sense to me.

I could probably do a better job, have to start earlier on these papers next semester.  Feel free to read it and let me know what you think.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4778z9s42zczxef/TCOConflict.doc
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:34:07 am by omniconsumer »