Author Topic: RO2 24 player server  (Read 1712 times)

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
RO2 24 player server
« on: May 28, 2012, 01:59:35 pm »
I am kind of torn.  On the one hand I want our guys to have a place to play, but on the other hand, if we wanted to play there as a group at any given point, we could just set it up the way we want it at that time.  Obviously our dudes take priority.  Doesn't seem like there is much to setting it back to the way we want to when we play on it.

However, I was discussing this with deadman, and I thought, well....besides the times we play on it, the server just sits empty most of the time.  Is that what we want?  Why sure, its great to have a server that is customized just to us at all times, but to be honest, I watch the servers all the time when I am home and I never see any of our guys on unless we are together and we decide to play on it. 

When that happens we can just set the server back to the way we want it.  Other than that, I usually never see any of our guys jump on it.  Am I mistaken?

I don't know.  I think its worth a discussion. 

Quanto

• (LMC) Friend
Re: RO2 24 player server
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 02:15:36 pm »
Since the free weekend started, I've seen anywhere between 8-12 people playing on it at any one time. Its not great, but I wouldn't call it empty.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 02:35:14 pm »
Since the free weekend started, I've seen anywhere between 8-12 people playing on it at any one time. Its not great, but I wouldn't call it empty.

Yeah, I saw that too.  I suppose "empty" was the wrong word to use.  I suppose now that we are beyond the free weakened, we will have to perhaps a week or so to see how many stick aroundin general?

The real question for me is, could the server be tactical pub friendly and still be a place for our peoples to play on?  If the question is to have a home for our tactocal gaming, when we need to, couldn't we just set the server to our setting requirements and play?  I mean, we usually get together and would do that anyway.  I am concerned about all the massive downtime in between. 

Couldn't we attract more like minded players and be pub friendly?  I mean, can't we have a tactical home for ourselves and still attract players of good calibre?  I think we can.  Classic mode could be good for that, no? 

Quanto

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 02:42:53 pm »
I can see that, Classic mode would be a good choice as well. I think Classic does tend to attract high-calibre players in general. I'd also like to point out, that this may be a prime recruiting time for you guys, there seem to be a lot of cool, well mannered, and skilled regulars on the Realism server right now. It'd be a waste not to tap that resource.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 03:46:55 pm »
However,  as I think about it further. 

The server itself represents a direction that we want to move in.  A direction that we have been spending months moving in.  In that sense, a lot of time and effort has been expended to have a good time with a good bunch of people together and less about pubbers.