Author Topic: Tekkit I & Tekkit II Technical Server Update  (Read 7989 times)

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
Re: Tekkit I & Tekkit II Technical Server Update
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 11:28:22 am »
Well, the internet connectivity is still being affected by the damage done by the storm.  Hopefully, before this coming week is over things will be back to normal, but in any case Verizon techs are set to arrive on November 9th to try and clear up issues here.

NyanChameleon

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 08:40:02 pm »
Are They Up On Those Ip's Because For Me There Not Up?

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2012, 03:29:17 pm »
Tech has arrived to trouble shoot the issue. In contact with them from work. Mentioned loose connections and will replace router as well. Let's hope this guy knows what he is doing and we can get our upload rate back above sub-par. There is a chance that during the hardware swaps and ONT device resets the IP address might change. 

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2012, 05:16:54 pm »
They are sending another tech on Friday with a laptop to fix our connection. Man, this storm messed our stuff up! What a headache, but still on track. Everything would be fixed by Friday.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:05:11 pm by omniconsumer »

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2012, 07:00:46 pm »
They are sending a Level 3 on Friday with a laptop to fix our connection. Man, this storm messed our stuff up! What a headache, but still on track. Everything should be fixed by Friday.
Luckily I have halo 4 to hold me over until then O.o
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:26:55 pm by omniconsumer »

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2012, 08:53:17 pm »
Tech is arriving tomorrow 11/10 to do some final troubleshooting before ISP can finally realize this problem is on their end.  Have to be patient. All will work out.  Keep Calm and Carry On, People! 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:56:08 pm by omniconsumer »

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 03:15:57 am »
Well, this is what has been done so far. I've learned fiber isn't that complicated.   

- Optical Network terminal replaced (Thought it might have been the OLT on their end, still might have been)
- Actiontec Router replaced.
- Fiber line checked.
- Three techs on site to check connections and light levels in fiber taps.

Problem was not on our end.  But miraculously, the connection is now suddenly getting an average upload rate of 25 Mbps, which if holds is what we need.  Not sure if it is showing me that because it is 4am.   

I will wait another 12-24 hours before I start putting up the servers just to make sure.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:21:19 am by omniconsumer »

aaronbyard

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 09:17:06 am »
A humble suggestion: Rather than continue to run 2 Tekkit servers, perhaps we could run 1 Tekkit server and 1 Feed the Beast server. FTB is a new modpack that runs on the current version of Minecraft, and Tekkit is now 2 versions behind. FTB includes almost all the same mods as Tekkit, the exceptions being a few mods that aren't quite ready to be released for the current version of Minecraft.

The FTB installation is as straight forward as Tekkit. It has already been modded and everything is included in a zip file.  You simply unzip to a directory and run the batch file.

As always, we appreciate what you do, Omni. Running a game server of any type always has its drawbacks and headaches, and this has certainly been no exception. Thanks for doing this for us (regardless of how the others feel about this FTB idea).

Anyone else care to weigh in?

-ab

levi

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2012, 06:56:08 pm »
I'd be willing to test it out at the very least. It sounds like it would be worthwhile since minecraft has just had another major update that adds a few items and changes some mechanics.
Facillis Descensus Averno, Ave Atque Vale, Nil Desperandum, Dum Vita Est Spes Est, Nihil Verum, Licet Omni

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2012, 09:16:07 pm »
Definitely willing to try it out, especially if it is an upgrade in itself and has everything Tekkit does anyway.  I just hope they get this connection up and running to what it was.  It has reverted back to what it was. 

Another tech is coming yet again tomorrow (4th one).  Hopefully, this one will actually escalate this issue to a higher level.  I am going to pressure him not to waste him time and mine and just do that.   

levi

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2012, 10:17:07 pm »
So I downloaded it and looked around in the single player for a bit and I gotta say I love it. There is so much more aesthetically to choose from. I love that they have different woods and stained glass. I would definitely prefer this even if it didn't have the tech mods because everyone knows the most important part of minecraft is building and while machines make it easier at times the look is much more important than the difficulty.
Facillis Descensus Averno, Ave Atque Vale, Nil Desperandum, Dum Vita Est Spes Est, Nihil Verum, Licet Omni

ladystar

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2012, 06:14:20 am »
yes but it does not have red power or equivilant exchange

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2012, 07:54:48 pm »
Well, turns out it was exactly the problem I thought it was, it was the GPON card located in their central Office.  All they had to do was replace it and it took me about a week and 5 techs to convince them they needed to.  Ever since then speeds have been stable and fast at 45 down / 35 up.

Speeds have been stable for the last 24 hours so I am now putting up the Tekkit Servers.  They have new addresses as well.

Tekkit II
71.167.108.97:25565

Tekkit I
71.167.108.97:25567
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:09:02 pm by omniconsumer »

levi

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2012, 08:24:26 pm »
yes but it does not have red power or equivilant exchange
actually it has both of those the only difference is its EE3 not 2.

Here is the site that also includes a list of the mods it currently contains.
http://www.feed-the-beast.com/

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2012, 09:58:26 pm »
Locking topic.