Author Topic: Feed the Beast Minecraft Server.  (Read 5036 times)

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
Feed the Beast Minecraft Server.
« on: December 01, 2012, 01:31:49 pm »
Should we convert out Tekkit I server into a Feed the Beast server ? I don't believe many people play on it anymore, so I wanted to see if anyone was more interested in this. It shows a lot of potential and I learned about it from aaronbyard. It is still in beta. What do you minecraft/tekkit players think?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:33:51 pm by omniconsumer »

aaronbyard

• (LMC) Friend
Re: Feed the Beast Minecraft Server?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 03:04:27 pm »
You already know my answer.  Tekkit is stuck on 1.2.5, probably forever, while FTB is almost on the current version of Minecraft. They're supposed to be updating from 1.4.2 to 1.4.5 soon, and Thaumcraft should be included.   They'll continually update FTB as the other mods are released (red power and equivalent exchange), but there's no reason not to go ahead and play it.

Evoke

• |LMC| Senior Member
    • http://winkzor.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 06:35:33 pm »
well it would be a sensible thing to do because tekkit IS outdated but what do i know, i barely ever play minecraft and even less online.. and even then only on 2b2t because that server truly offers a challenge

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 06:46:08 pm »
Everytime I get established we either lose the world or something happens to where I have to restart lol.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 11:21:35 pm »
Everytime I get established we either lose the world or something happens to where I have to restart lol.

I think we will switch the Invite only server into a FTB server.

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 11:28:22 pm »

So we won't get to play it?

aaronbyard

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 12:50:35 am »

So we won't get to play it?

I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant the invite only server will become the FTB server and the other Tekkit server will remain, with both being open to all LMC members. Just don't try any funny business.

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 04:17:40 am »
I was admin on tekkit server, don't worry I'm not like....well....other people in LMC that play MC.

aaronbyard

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 02:16:34 pm »
I do have 1 suggestion if this conversion is made. FTB contains a mod called Mystcraft.  We should make a stable mining age containing crystals and require everyone to run their quarries there instead of the normal world. Also, do not allow players to create ages. If someone goes nuts creating ages all willy-nilly it will lag the hell out of the server.  So I guess that's 2 suggestions.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 03:24:06 pm »
I do have 1 suggestion if this conversion is made. FTB contains a mod called Mystcraft.  We should make a stable mining age containing crystals and require everyone to run their quarries there instead of the normal world. Also, do not allow players to create ages. If someone goes nuts creating ages all willy-nilly it will lag the hell out of the server.  So I guess that's 2 suggestions.

If you can let me know how to go about doing this, or if you could do it as OP, that would be really appreciated.  I don't think I can spare the time to do the research for it for another week or so. 

aaronbyard

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 03:46:01 pm »
If you can let me know how to go about doing this, or if you could do it as OP, that would be really appreciated.  I don't think I can spare the time to do the research for it for another week or so.

No problem.  I'll fire up my spare computer and see what I can figure out.

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 04:13:44 pm »
Guess I'll be playing the FTB server since the tekkit 1 is dead :p

aaronbyard

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 08:08:02 pm »
Supposedly the final mod, redpower, should be ready in a week(ish). It might be worth waiting. Anyone care to weigh in? If not I guess Zynx and I will have free run of the server.

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 08:35:06 pm »
:D

Forward

• |LMC| Senior Member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 02:22:50 am »
GET FOOTAGE PLEASE.