Author Topic: new gaming PC [split]  (Read 3538 times)

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
new gaming PC [split]
« on: February 11, 2013, 01:05:01 pm »
which one is cheaper new egg or tiger direct
You Can Run But You Will Just Die Tired

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
Re: new gaming PC [split]
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 01:08:11 pm »
Newegg has better service and faster shipping in my opinion. Compare prices though. Don't forget amazon as well! They can have good prices.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 01:31:11 pm »
I'm not a big fan of tiger direct. I swear by newegg.

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 02:18:49 pm »
Yeah it is just that tiger has barebones and the site is easier for me to use lol . 

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 06:16:24 pm »
Need help putting a build together Gen?

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 02:55:05 pm »
Sorta on a budget so I am seeing what i can get. If i need more help i will let you know.

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 05:54:24 pm »
Whole new build or just upgrades?

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 05:18:49 am »
http://content.webcollage.net/apps/cs/mini-site/sc/module/hpeasset/wcpc/h3z21aa?channel-product-id=prod7910131&enable-reporting=true&showtabs=#http://media.webcollage.net/rlfp/wc/live/module/hpeasset/_cp/products/h3z21aa/tab-48e798ab-adb2-4a7a-a00b-267ad6391ae9/ba6037bb-7aa7-4eea-91f1-e3ee2abc7623.jpg.web.v1.jpg.450x340.jpg  Well I was going to pay almost the same price so i settled a little and went with this if you think it is horrible let me know.  But in the near future i will also add a Radeon HD 6670 to dual core the video card
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:31:26 am by gsgen »

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 07:57:20 am »
Depends on how much you are thinking of paying. It's not great for gaming but it will play anything (albeit on medium or low settings for advanced games). Best to put your money into gpu. You can get a $50 intel dual ivy, and then put everything you can into a graphics card.
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 12:21:57 pm »
May I ask, why not upgrade or just build your own? It is very easy if you use youtube videos as a guide.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 06:21:15 pm »
May I suggest a different thread if this is going to become specifically about gens possible build?

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 07:41:03 pm »
No I am done with my wife I get what I can when I can and I know I can not run max games but I have only run them low and if I dual card I will be fine . Since all I have ever seen is low graphics all games seeing them with some crap on will be great. I am done to late now no choice get something now or nothing guess what nothing is worse than what I have now lol

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 08:15:11 pm »
well the A10 is a killer value as long as you dont mind medium settings graphics for new games, so you will be happy i think.  come play some ins when you get it. =)

heres some gaming benchmarks so you know what to expect: (yours is the green bar, being compared against other integrated graphics, a gaming quality graphics card would be 1080 res and higher quality and higher frame rates, but for the money, your a10 has damn good performance, and you should be able to play any game)
http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cpu/47257-amd-a10-5700/?page=7

i would just stick with it and not get a graphics card, if you add a graphics card you lose all value of the a10 and thats the whole point of choosing an "apu" over a cpu + graphics card. (you realize that that system does not include a graphics card right? just the integrated graphics on the cpu.. but they are pretty darn good for integrated graphics!) 

As long as you didn't pay (much) over $800 for the complete system then its a relatively good buy.  sucks that you are stuck with windows 8 though. but who knows maybe youl like it? =)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 08:40:22 pm by ZenPhire »
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 05:24:28 am »
wife jsut got laptop with windows 8 and i hate it so i will hate it on my pc yeah I got the system for under 800 and it has a graphics pci slot that is why i researched and found the highest quality video card that will run dual with the on board graphics but what your telling me is that would slow it down. Radeon HD 6670 little more research and i see i could get some stuttering by using both. and the benchmark scores are not that much higher. but in the future i could swap power supply and put in a bigger video card a 6670 just would not require me to add bigger power supply to the machine.     Bottom line running 280gb hard drive and 256k graphics card right now LOL so everything is way better. Now for the bad news you think i had trouble setting up the server before okay okay that Zen set up guess what bud windows 8 have fun HAHAHAHAHAHa.

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 03:27:06 pm »
Swap the CPU if you're going to get a dedicated graphics card. As that will defeat the purpose of having an APU.