Author Topic: BF3 Audio Issues  (Read 1955 times)

Rhah

• |LMC| Senior Member
BF3 Audio Issues
« on: February 17, 2013, 05:36:57 pm »
All of the audio in my other games sounds perfectly fine, but Battlefield 3 just sounds like everything is really far away and muffled. Even with my audio jacked up all the way, I can barely hear anything. I didn't have this issue when I was running my computer on a TV, which I think is odd, but it may help with anybody who would know what my problem is.
I've already tried:
  • Changing my bitrate
  • Messing around with all sorts of other audio settings in Windows
  • Trying to change the Origin overlay
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling BF3
  • Changing up my audio settings through the text file that saves all of my settings
Any help would be much appreciated. The only thing I can think of is that my GPU (which I had my TV connected to before my dad destroyed my room) has better audio capabilities than my motherboard does...and that doesn't really make any sense whatsoever.
XBox gamertag: Rhah817
Origin Name: Rhah817
Steam Name: Rhah

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
Re: BF3 Audio Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 09:31:18 pm »
I don't know.  From my own personal experience, for some reason when I messed around with the processor affinity (dedicated cores to certain applications) it would affect my audio.  Using less cores for a certain game would make my sound sputter and distort.  At the same time, integrated audio can be troublesome.

I have to mention it, but have you tried updating your motherboard drivers if its running off your motherboard now?  I would check that. 

Hurrr

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • "Like 100 people are paying to be my friend, sooo"
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 12:21:07 am »
when i'm playing BF3 windows seems to think I'm also taking a call on skype, and automatically lowers the volume of anything that's not skype by 80%.

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 01:32:53 am »
when i'm playing BF3 windows seems to think I'm also taking a call on skype, and automatically lowers the volume of anything that's not skype by 80%.

I already had him fix that issues.

Rhah

• |LMC| Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 02:23:50 pm »
I'll look into updating drivers for my motherboard as soon as I'm done working on my Calculus. Today has just been such a wonderful day; I've driven all over God's green earth, gotten my wisdom teeth checked out so I can get them carved out of my jaws next month, researched the UN's list of constant failures, and solved so many integrals that it's not even funny. I still have to write an OP-ED for AP English as well  :'(
XBox gamertag: Rhah817
Origin Name: Rhah817
Steam Name: Rhah