Author Topic: Vikings  (Read 2146 times)

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
Vikings
« on: March 24, 2013, 11:45:39 am »
Some of you guys mentioned this show in teamspeak. I believe it was Oface and deadman that were talking about it, so I decided to check it out.

I believe this is History Channel first real show.  I avoid the History Channel.  It used to be a great channel, until Disney bought them out and started placing a Judaic-Christian undertone to most of their programming. The Military History Channel is still good though.

Regardless of all of that, Vikings is a great show and had me hooked from the first pilot episode.  This was surprising.  Though, there is still the whole Christianity spreading to the Vikings part of the story line, it is not so blatant propaganda that it takes away from the show.  Can not really ignore it though, because the Church was pretty ransacked by the Vikings all across England and northern France. They have to incorporate it into the show.

The story is compelling, the characters are pretty kickass and interesting, and there was, what I would say, some historical accuracy to their first battle scene skirmish. 

deadmanwalking

Re: Vikings
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 12:49:50 pm »
I'm definitely into this series. I will not miss any of this show, that I swear...lol

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:18:33 pm »
Only four shows in and already a re-run this past Sunday, so lame..

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 08:46:58 pm »
Will wager there won't be one on Easter Sunday either.

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 07:47:56 am »
Yes but it is a great show also the BIBLe on history channel is a great show as well
You Can Run But You Will Just Die Tired

--RAWR--

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 04:02:12 pm »
I love it so far! It's nice to have a historical show that's rather accurate and isn't afraid to cross the line whereas most shows wince at the idea of religion or religious workings. But Vikings takes it all the way home, they aren't afraid to make you feel uncomfortable or may sicken you lol. In the end its just a great show all around and I would reccomend it to anyone who likes hack n slash's or just a great story.

Truevibe

• |LMC| Inactive
  • I gots da groove
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 11:08:52 am »
I like the main character of the show.  Maybe history channel is redeeming itself.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 12:44:09 pm »
It's nice to have a historical show that's rather accurate...

Recent studies have uncovered evidence that goes to show that the Viking's weren't so fixated on just being raiders.  True, they were warriors, but like many peoples of the time, the main focus was finding self sufficiency through land acquisition.  Raiding alone could not sustain a society.