Author Topic: "Why building a PC is not worth the hassle" according to Digital Storm.  (Read 2371 times)

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
http://www.digitalstormonline.com/unlocked/why-building-a-custom-gaming-pc-yourself-is-not-worth-the-hassle-idnum48/

EDIT: Their facebook comments on the picture are hilarious, everyone is raging at them and so digitalstorm said "We aren't really trying to convert individuals to buying a pre-built, just sparking a debate to get insight on why gamers prefer to DIY when the price difference is small"
Hahaha this is too funny. their stupid picture chart is obviously BS.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 03:12:42 pm by zynx33 »

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
Well, there is some shiftyness in that parts list, but it doesn't seem too far off. Actually I'm impressed at their price. Good deal considering you don't have to sweat the parts all working and initial RMAs. Though they say "lifetime support" and I dunno about that. One of the reasons I like building is I get warranties for all my parts. But if their company goes under, am I screwed of support? Actually got my eye on this one though, considering buying my next PC through them if it's not all bogus.

See anything glaringly crappy about these guys zynx?
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

--RAWR--

I heard about theese guys a few years back ad I still see ads for them in PC mag and from what i can tell they got better with their pricing, it used to be a good 200-300 more than the parts alone would be.

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
Well, there is some shiftyness in that parts list, but it doesn't seem too far off. Actually I'm impressed at their price. Good deal considering you don't have to sweat the parts all working and initial RMAs. Though they say "lifetime support" and I dunno about that. One of the reasons I like building is I get warranties for all my parts. But if their company goes under, am I screwed of support? Actually got my eye on this one though, considering buying my next PC through them if it's not all bogus.

See anything glaringly crappy about these guys zynx?

Too be honest the only reason you should buy from them is if they have a sale or something. I would suspect cheap power supplies and very bad ventilated cases though.

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
But you see the parts list right there. Why would you suspect that?
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
But you see the parts list right there. Why would you suspect that?

I built that same system for $900. Would rather save $500 and build it mself honestly.