Author Topic: Proposed |LMC| Anarchy/pvp server  (Read 3075 times)

--RAWR--

Proposed |LMC| Anarchy/pvp server
« on: May 01, 2013, 01:04:37 pm »
Anyhow I compiled a vanilla bukkit server running mc version 1.5.1 (the latest) It is fully functional and made spawn unbreakable/explodable. The permissions are fully working and set up and can be changed in game as with most of the important things you would have to do.

So far the plugins installed are:
Core Protect
Essentials(Core,Chat,Protect,Spawn)
World Edit
World guard
PermissionsEx (PEX)
PVP Protect

all plugins are configured correctly and have permissions given out on a group basis, IE: Admins have full control and world edit, Members have moderate control, Users have basic abilities and simple commands, with every new user having no ability to do anything. There is also donator groups which would offer incentives like fly and warps/tpa to help raise money for server costs or whatever.

Features:
Complete anti-grief system with CP and world guard.
No need for whitelist because before a players group is changed they can't build or anything but explore and chat.
All perms can be done while in-game so very little file editing would actually be done.
Ability to incorporate a donation system.
Complete bukkit server so it's compatable with all mods and plugins just about.
PVP protect stops players who are flying/god/creative from PVPing

Groups:
Noobs
Friends
Members
Donators
VIP
Admins

The donator group gives you all the friend perks with tpa, warp, and home available to them
The  VIP's will have all donator perks plus warplist, sethome,kit,back,backondeath. And perhaps if they have a good building portfolio allow them basic world edit features.

I was thinking like 10$ for donator and 20$ for vip, but we would have a build a decent playerbase first.

Why bukkit? Well its more robust and versatile, Think souremods but for MC. Using bukkit we are able to install much more third party mods and plugins that MC just wont work with. But since there are no mods installed all you have to do is conect to it from your normal MC launcher. If in the future we wanted to add mods like Buildcraft or IE3 and so on, we would just have to make a custom jar file which is easy to do. Essentially tekkit is just a bukkit server that pre configured with a bunch of mods, however it's no longer being updated and FTB is always a version or so behind. Plus any of the mods we wanted from them we can install and make a custom jar to give to people to load in tekkit.

Now at this point we could take the server in any direction. We can set up a economy system or have factions or even a build server with lots of arenas to teleport to... We would need alot of dedication ad a great world/server to get popular but once we do just think of all the rich kids who will wanna fly ;)

Oh and of course its hardcore :D

ALternatively I still have a tekkit server that has buggy perms, but now i have a complete understanding of how it's done and can fix it without trouble.

Evoke

• |LMC| Senior Member
    • http://winkzor.deviantart.com/
Re: Proposed |LMC| Anarchy/pvp server
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 01:37:11 pm »
new users still should have the ability to build/destroy anything outside the spawn area, there still is a certain fairness to anarchy servers, we also have to keep in mind that we cant ban or kick anyone for griefing someones base or being racist, the main thing making a server anarchy is a complete lack of rules (besides mby a hard coded dont grief the spawn) so players can have a open ended game

--RAWR--

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 02:15:28 pm »
It wont be pure anarchy most likely we still have to enforce the COC if it's an official server I'm sure. As for open ended, Any important structure can be set to be protected if its deemed necesary, like I'm working on an arena and that's going to be protected so it will remain. Maybe upon player request or donation they can mark a set area to be protected.

Evoke

• |LMC| Senior Member
    • http://winkzor.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 02:58:36 pm »
so its going to be a regular mc pvp server with building

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 05:30:13 pm »
Ok well I don't think the donator thing is a good idea, if you want to donate to LMC you can do it via the donate button via the home page. But other then that it looks ok, still up to the leaders though.

Mega Gator

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 05:32:50 pm »
Sketch What the IP, i want to Play on IT
Sincerly,

Andrew D.
Mega Gator

You can CONTACT me through skype or steam.
SKYPE name: mgt_killa
Steam: mga_killa

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 07:50:09 pm »
You need to get approved by Omni before you can sport the LMC tags on it, and he needs to ensure you have proper admin protocols etc. For the donating thing that will need to go through the Leader's Board.. But seems like you got a great idea. Don't see any reason it won't happen. =D
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

--RAWR--

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 10:21:26 pm »
Zen it's not official and isn'y even running unless I'm working on it. I just did a basic run through of the config to test it out and give you a preview. No one can even see the server at anytime. Right now its all sort of a proposal and for admin protocall it can be set up really easily if you know how the code works and offers great customization and flexibility. But the main differance between Members and  admins is access to world edit and world guard, which are very powerful tools and are easily abused, so if someone doesn't have knowledge of them they SHOULD NOT be enabled to use them. The perm system is good but whoever runs it/ Configs it needs full access to configure plugins in-game. Right now I have it set up with me and Zynx having full control and everyone else with a member status and if we use it then I will put a seperate thread up for commands and plugin uses.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:30:29 pm by --RAWR-- »

--RAWR--

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 10:23:48 pm »

Its going to be hardcore PVP and if we wanted to we could incoporate a factions system or a econ/buy system to set up stores. We have soo many options I just need to know what the community wants so i can tailor the server around that.

Sketch What the IP, i want to Play on IT

It's not up and when it is, its not properly configured to my setup, I'd have to set up my hostname again and it'd be pointless since i do everything on my laptop and the performance would be mucke!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:37:21 pm by --RAWR-- »

Mega Gator

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 12:10:57 pm »

Its going to be hardcore PVP and if we wanted to we could incoporate a factions system or a econ/buy system to set up stores. We have soo many options I just need to know what the community wants so i can tailor the server around that.

I would say that a Faction Plugin would be really good..

Sincerly,

Andrew D.
Mega Gator

You can CONTACT me through skype or steam.
SKYPE name: mgt_killa
Steam: mga_killa

--RAWR--

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 01:36:31 pm »
Perhaps, however there wouldn't be much griefability. Economy system set up along with a simple store and mini admin hub.

Admin hub.

VIP Store.

Store

Most of the stuff is just placeholders for the end product it needs alot of balancing and price adjustments but the basis is there.

zynx33

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • Live fast die young
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 03:01:47 pm »
Was just informned by Omni that we are not setting up another minecraft server. But if you want to host your own server then more power to ya! I just don't think it will be able to wear the LMC tags.

--RAWR--

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 02:31:58 am »
Well that's a shame, But in my quest for epicness I went and rented a server and its fully set up already.
76.72.172.167:25617 - Sketchy's Hardcore Anarchy is officially up. No rules just organized chaos :D

Elite

• (LMC) Friend
  • AssasinPro
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 10:03:06 am »
The new shops