Author Topic: Tactics, Strategy, Tips & Tricks!  (Read 13559 times)

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
Tactics, Strategy, Tips & Tricks!
« on: December 14, 2008, 01:37:26 pm »
Post your tactical, strategic, and other tips here!
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

Evoke

• |LMC| Senior Member
    • http://winkzor.deviantart.com/
Re: Tactics, Strategy, Tips & Tricks!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 02:22:38 pm »
Sinjar, marine team

The first push to A is the most important one, i usually push up on the road on the left, stop at the hole what used to be a glich and keep my eyes on the rock, now when someone covers the right flank (the building), and ppl move up then taking obj. A is a piece of cake

WAAKOW

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 09:01:28 am »
I find this game tends to make people play defencively, wich can be good, but if you are aware of this you can use it to your advantage. Don't be afraid to rush into a room to try and reverse the element of surprise. It's best to be careful but if you aren't in a situation that alows this then try to be as crazy as hell! The reaction time of a person will always be slower then the thing he reacts to. Just make sure they only react to thier death.

Quanto

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 04:39:17 pm »
Samawah, Insurgents

Alright, I've been at a lose as to how I'm going to post my tactical post, considering I'm still a CS player by habit, however, A few nights ago I lead a clusterpiff of random regular players in a flawless victory on Samawah, and I figure i'll post how I organized it.
By flawless, I mean that the Insurgents didn't lose a single round. EVER. Straight to the next map.

1. From spawn, we split to two groups. 3 People go to Alpha, with the intent of capping, but really more to simply distract the marines. The rest go to Bravo.

2a. While capping bravo, if 3 or more are already capping, send excess players straight to Delta for a diversionary attack. (3b) Once Bravo is capped, head Straight for Charlie through the side alleyway. Kill any marines hiding around there. (3a)
(4a)The moment Charlie is capped, run straight for the rear of delta. Cap it. leave one or two behind at Charlie to defend it.

After Bravo, Charlie, and Delta are capped, leave a small defense at Charlie and Delta and have everyone else rush Alpha. If Alpha has already been capped, the we won! Woot woot.(5a)

Ms. Trouble

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 08:11:48 pm »
Nice post quanto, i can't really say if thats how it should be done.. cuz i play more dods and im not very good with INS tactics..

SnakeShit

• I'm trying.
  • I'm the middle square.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 05:10:12 pm »
Thats usually what I do.  But for a quick victory only 2 go to Bravo, most go to Charlie through alley and two in Delta.  Keep a stronghold on Charlie and then send a few to Alpha.

Evoke

• |LMC| Senior Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 05:23:48 pm »
sooo... thats what u tried today quanto (didnt work.. but mby it was cuz i was on the other team lol)
usually that what u have there works very nicely on any pub server :P

samawah marine, 1st thing to capture is C, then move to D (dont forget to cover your teammates or watch your back when they are crossing the street)
when you are capturing D have some guys keep the insurgents around A occupied so they would have their main force there (optional: if possible then capture A),
when you have D move to B, have 2 guys go through the huge hole in the wall and (possibly) 2 guys from the truck entrance (D side), when you are moving into B dont rush without checking it out first, there is a small hole in the wall near the corner where u can shoot and see through, take out all the holstiles you see from the hole and THEN move in, when capturing B have someone in the hole of the oil pump (no matter wich one.. as long as he's in good cover and keeps his eyes open)
after you capture B start working on A (unless your guys have managed to capture A before you got B), move towards the insurgent spawn exit field area but dont stay there (really.. u gotta run and hope that u wont get shot if u dont want to be blamed in exit camping) when you get past that place its safe(r) to move on to A killing the insurgents from behind.. a good thing is to have a sniper at that little fence thing near the truck to shoot at the insurgents inside A if there is any

holy crap thats alot of words..

Quanto

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 01:42:32 am »
sooo... thats what u tried today quanto (didnt work.. but mby it was cuz i was on the other team lol)
usually that what u have there works very nicely on any pub server :P

I don't know how many times i told them to ignore A and go for B and C, but meh. Can't have a perfect team every time.

Ms. Trouble

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 03:05:46 am »
off topic.. but i like your new sig quanto..

SedeOne

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 12:10:46 pm »
Quanto: That idea works perfectly, everytime too (at least from when I've used it). I find though, if you have just 1 sitting at Bravo looking through that small hole on the left (coming in from Insurgents) it works better because you can send 1 more to C or D. Usually, I bolt straight for B, the second another person arrives, I head to Delta, there I go in from the front then prone in the next "box" over to the right. This way you can spot anyone coming in from any entrance. And if someone comes in the same way you did (from the front), you they'd need to hop over a barrier to get to you, so by that time they are already dead. After Delta is capped, move upstairs and go from watching Bravo to Charlie (wherever is needed). However, DO NOT sit there and wait. Take a peek, move and watch Delta, take another peek, move and watch Bravo/Delta, etc. If you sit there, you'll either have someone pick you off, or someone will creep on you from inside Delta.

Voice Comms:
One thing I notice, especially in pub servers is the communication and how bad it can be sometimes. Now I'm no expert at this, nor do I expect anyone else to be, but with a little improvement, I'm sure everyone can do better off. My main issue is lengthy communications. If you're live for more than 5 seconds, that means you're taking up someone else's chance to get on and that could be a valuable point which may help lead to victory. When in the reserves I learned that the maximum time to be live is 15 seconds, but they stressed constantly that this way far too much as it is. If you're going to be using the mic, have what you need to say ready in your mind. Make your statements/questions as brief and to the point as possible. Be clear with what you say. Some mics are unclear so when stating a capture point be sure to say the phonetic alphabet equivalent (ex: A would be Alpha). Most people do this already, but it's just a reminder.

For anyone who is unsure of the phonetic alphabet, here is a list;

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 03:15:40 pm »
This is the NATO alphanumeric code (which we use):

A    Alpha        AL FAH
B    Bravo    BRAH VOH
C    Charlie    CHAR LEE
D    Delta    DELL TAH
E    Echo            ECK OH
F    Foxtrot    FOKS TROT
G    Golf            GOLF
H    Hotel    HO TELL
I    India            IN DEE AH
J    Juliett        JEW LEE ETT
K    Kilo            KEY LOH
L    Lima            LEE MAH
M    Mike            MIKE
N    November    NO VEM BER
O    Oscar    OSS CAH
P    Papa            PAH PAH
Q    Quebec    KEH BECK
R    Romeo    ROW ME OH
S    Sierra    SEE AIR RAH
T    Tango    TANG GO
U    Uniform    YOU NEE FORM
V    Victor    VIK TAH
W    Whiskey    WISS KEY
X    X-ray    ECKS RAY
Y    Yankee    YANG KEY
Z    Zulu     ZOO LOO

Digits
0    Zero
1    One
2    Two
3    Three
4    Four
5    Five
6    Six
7    Seven
8    Eight
9    Niner

Aloha =)

SedeOne

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 03:26:40 pm »
lol the chart is in black... didn't realize that :D

Anyways, yeah alphabet is the same. There's a few tricks for the numbers, but they don't get used much anyways. I'll throw em down anyways;

1 Wun
2 Too
3 Tree
4 Fow-er
5 Fife
6 Six
7 Sev-en
8 Ait
9 Nin-er
0 Zee-ro

Try&Die

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 01:16:13 am »
i am going to talk about more tips and tricks on how to win.

i wont be talking about just one map but i will tell you things that work for all maps. one thing if you are playing a time map where marines have to cap the points before the time runs out do not camp in a spot. Keep moving push your enemy. like if you are marines in the map sinjar do not just take Alpha and sit on the road waiting for your enemy to walk in front of you. use your team and push Bravo from the road and the walls but remember the insergence have 30 seconds to respawn so you have some time to move then after 30 second you know there all going to try to stop you from caping Bravo. use your team and together you will win you cant win if you are trying to do every thing your self. (It is a team game)

TIPS:
1) For the map sinjar remember to always look under the brige before you move to Bravo 9 times out of 10 there is always an enemy there.

2) if you are playing and your enemy has a rpg. the best way to live is if you are moving and you see the rocket coming at you jump you have about a 90% chance that it will miss you becaue the person was aiming at you and you cant do that with the rpg you have to aim for a solid object best tip aim for the growned in front of your enemy if there running and if there not you aim for an object next to them a wall or some thing.

3) if you want to win you have to think if i was my enemy where would i be some time we get killed becaue we did not think some one was around the corner. you have to think where would you be treat every player as if you where playing against your self.

4) the best one to bet me. do not just run through a door way or just walk out in the open. us the lean butten and look before you walk or run out if you dont you wont get better but i am not saying you have to every time but remeber to think like your enemy where would you hide or be.

5) remeber if you are camping in a room do not just stand there find some cover i like to jump up on somthing. i do not like prone very much becaue you cant move fast enufe to get out of the way of a gernade.

6) the greatest tip of all and you dont think about it when you do it.
when some one walks in a room there eyes move room left to right. but when you are going in to a room the corner of the door hides your site so you cant see the left corner of the room that you are moving in to it is a great hiding spot or if you cant hide in the left corner move to the right it is going to be harder for your enemy to kill you because there eyes want to move from left to right not right to left. just a trick and a great tip.

7) talk to team mates tell them what you see if you are ahead of them it helps so that why you both can move together not you move and your buddy gets picked off. but some time if you want to find out if there is an enemy in a room let your buddy go first so you will know 100% that the enemy is there or not  :mrgreen:

Evoke

• |LMC| Senior Member
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 12:43:17 pm »
never thought someone is gonna post beginnerish and/or basic tactics here but i like them all cuz i (and i think many other ScK members do too) pretty much use em all too.. besides the RPG one cuz they always seem to hit the GROUND next to me xD

these are great tips for ppl who have managed to join us or are just surfing our forums but havent played ins for long.. and if u already havent you could post em to the insmod forums too cuz beginners usually go there more than they come here and by that i think you can help alot more ppl there than here

^^ - wink

smoke grenades can also be used as a distaction, like when i was pinned behind a barrel (prone) in buhriz as a marine near B i threw a smoke grenade towards the right (think it was the west ones) side sandbags, waited until the smoke got thick and made a run in the opposite direction (to the east) to the next place with cover where i was able to shoot from.. ofcourse that might not work 100% of the time cuz the person pinning you down is human too and he might not believe your smoke grenade "trick"... but well still better than fighting against bots who shoot u on sight and dont care about smoke grenades xD

just make sure u dont throw it too far so he cant see that you arent really running in that direction

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 08:34:25 am »
Well that's part of the reason for this thread. Our 1337 tactics go in the private area members only, (and super secret maneuvers only in the SF forums) and those are part of the reason for people to join. But this thread is to give general tactics and tips so that we contribute to the community and help new players become great (then they can join us in glory :) ).