Author Topic: Tactics, Strategy, Tips & Tricks!  (Read 13569 times)

K1LLSVV1TCH

Re: Tactics, Strategy, Tips & Tricks!
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 12:02:12 am »
K1LLSVV1TCH's Strat:

When trying to get a kill, make sure you aim your weapon in the enemies general direction. If possible, ensure that your iron sight aiming reticule is placed directly over their person.

If none of the above is possible, use the RPG and disregard the whole thing about aiming.

Evoke

• |LMC| Senior Member
    • http://winkzor.deviantart.com/
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 12:15:27 am »
On karkar when you are entering obj A and C buildings through the door as a marine ALWAYS go prone and have ur ironsights up (never do that right next to the door cuz they can see ur gun through it, u need the farthest distance u can open the door from) cuz theres a big chance that the door and the surrounding walls will be sprayed by insurgents (buildings in karkar have penetration)

Frozen

• I'm so close to glory!
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2009, 01:32:07 am »
For sinjar as a sniper i have a very nice tactic to clear bridge / Bravo.

When your team has captured Alpha and ridge line is clear move towards the delta flank and move into town. Once you are in town you can move towards the insurgents Charlie spawn and move to triple windows. Once you get to triple windows you will have a clear sight of bridge, you can now clear off the infidels. Once this is done move to the balcony and clear off any in backside B, then move your way down to the furthest corner and look through bravo and clear it.

Best sniper / sinjar tactic ever!!!!!
Truth! Duty! Valour!

Frozen

• I'm so close to glory!
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2009, 01:37:11 am »
Another strategy for sniper / sinjar is to sit behind the first pillbox after you have captured alpha. Now when you do this be sure to watch out for flanker by delta. When you are sitting behind first pillbox you have a clear sight of the town for your side. You can shoot anything and everything because it is hard as hell for them to hit you!
Truth! Duty! Valour!

Frozen

• I'm so close to glory!
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2009, 01:49:34 am »
A tactic for buhriz would inculde the following weapons:

Support [M249 Saw]
+
Rifleman/Grenadier [M16 / M16 + M203]
OR
Marksman [M14]

Once you have captured Alpha you can then move to the second half of the bridge, [Where it is no longer broken] once you are there you can then set up the support by the fencing where it is broken, and have the Grenadier or marksman setup one the first half. This is an easy way to cover the right side of the bridge. If anything turns that corner it will be devastated from there on in.
Truth! Duty! Valour!

Frozen

• I'm so close to glory!
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2009, 01:54:07 am »
On Baghdad i found a really nice spot i would like to share with all of you.

When we are backed up all the way to delta there is a really nice spot just to the right of the gas station. When you walk out of the wooden door in the lower half of delta the building you see with the doorway and the three windows, if you go to the right of that into the corner you can there on in watch the front entrance to the gas station as well as the stairs.

USE IT!!!!!!
Truth! Duty! Valour!

SnakeShit

• I'm trying.
  • I'm the middle square.
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2009, 12:25:38 pm »
Quote from: "ShadowWarrior"
Quote from: "Snakemuck"
In response to shadow:  with rifles do not use burst fire.   Always use single shot when you have the advantage.  Use burst or full auto when not scoped in or in dangerous cqb situations.  M249s should always use short bursts.  When sniping never stay scoped in the whole time.  You will get tunnel vision and will get shot.

Wow i totally disagree with everything you just said. You definitely shouldn't stay scoped in the whole time with the sniper, unless you have a designated target other then that it is stupid u need to be watching your flanks! Full auto is definitely the stupidest thing you can do, obviously forgetting about recoil! Even close encounters you should never full auto it, that is what the secondary is for.

How about you read what I say before you respond to it?  Basically if you put 'not' in front of the things that didn't have 'not' in front of it, and then got rid of 'not' from the things that did, you'd have a legit response.  GG but you fail on ice.

With the secondary 1/2 the time you'll just get noscoped by some dude with full auto.

ShadowWarrior

• Look what I can do.
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2009, 07:21:23 pm »
In response to shadow:  with rifles do not use burst fire.   Always use single shot when you have the advantage.  Use burst or full auto when not scoped in or in dangerous cqb situations.  M249s should always use short bursts.  When sniping never stay scoped in the whole time.  You will get tunnel vision and will get shot.

Wow i totally disagree with everything you just said. You definitely shouldn't stay scoped in the whole time with the sniper, unless you have a designated target other then that it is stupid u need to be watching your flanks! Full auto is definitely the stupidest thing you can do, obviously forgetting about recoil! Even close encounters you should never full auto it, that is what the secondary is for.

How about you read what I say before you respond to it?  Basically if you put 'not' in front of the things that didn't have 'not' in front of it, and then got rid of 'not' from the things that did, you'd have a legit response.  GG but you fail on ice.

With the secondary 1/2 the time you'll just get noscoped by some dude with full auto.
i still dont agree with half the muck that comes out your flapper.

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2009, 11:54:54 am »
All fire-types and maneuvers have their time and place... all of them are very useful when utilized, auto allows you to supress, scoped in allows for effective coverage of an area, while no scope allows you to react at 360 degrees / wide angles of enemy distribution, more quickly when close range. It all depends on your playing style, very little is "stupid" it's always a trade-off between awareness and effectiveness on current focus. You can't do everything at once, so you have to find a way to balance it all (staying effective in your focus area, while stil being aware and responsive to all around you) that suits you personally and your unique playing style.
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

VisiV

• Yeah, I'm awesome.
    • Harlan A. Brown - Web Design
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 03:08:42 am »
Here is absolutely the one and only tip / tactic, I have deduced so far in this game, most of the time just do as I'm told to do, or follow someone else. Don't know some of the maps that well yet...

So this tip is for a gun, particularly how to be better with a certain gun, one that i've heard people claim not to be any good.

L1A1:

Aiming this bad boy is hard due to it's iron sights being so obnoxiously in the way.

My tip is, in order to see potential victims aim lower towards the ground than your horizon or where you're looking if it's far enough range to even be using this single fire weapon. Once you have an enemy zeroed in your eye sight, raise the iron sights to match the enemy, pull the trigger and with any luck he should be dead.

*only tip i have to offer to date*

Well here's another one, always check your corners and your 6.

But that's just common sense.

No Sights = Luck, period.

SnakeShit

• I'm trying.
  • I'm the middle square.
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2009, 11:06:11 am »

Okay well see you on the battlefield buddy..try not to rage quit.

I love using the L1A1 just because it sounds so beastly.  I usually just keep the iron sights down until I see somebody, because they are pretty snappy.

ShadowWarrior

• Look what I can do.
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2009, 11:02:29 pm »

Okay well see you on the battlefield buddy..try not to rage quit.

I love using the L1A1 just because it sounds so beastly.  I usually just keep the iron sights down until I see somebody, because they are pretty snappy.
i dont rage quit but i bet you do a hell of alot, unlike you i dont get into games enough to become a rage quitting geek.

SnakeShit

• I'm trying.
  • I'm the middle square.
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 07:37:05 pm »
Wow really?  You're going to start flaming me in our forums?  Take a joke Shadow...

viewtopic.php?f=130&t=656

ShadowWarrior

• Look what I can do.
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2009, 11:20:04 am »
Wow really?  You're going to start flaming me in our forums?  Take a joke Shadow...

viewtopic.php?f=130&t=656
ohh im pretty sure you were the one who started the fire.

SnakeShit

• I'm trying.
  • I'm the middle square.
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2009, 06:58:45 pm »
Alright let's try to keep this on tactics.  You misquoted me and I corrected you..if that's 'starting the fire' just shoot me now.