Author Topic: Dredd (2012)  (Read 2047 times)

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
Dredd (2012)
« on: January 12, 2014, 09:12:25 pm »
What a great movie.  I would call this a complete re-do of the whole series. It's based off the comic books. Judge Dredd with Stallone was a joke. This Dredd stays true in a lot of ways.  Also, I have a lot of respect for the actor that plays Dredd, Karl Urban. That dude is amazing. 

The acting was good.  The mood was gritty.  It was gripping at times. The movie's soundtrack gave the movie its own pulse. The environment was forbidding.  I was so impressed by the movie rendition of Mega City that I took a screenshot of the city landscape and use it as my background.

All in all, pretty fun to watch. 

Evoke

• |LMC| Senior Member
    • http://winkzor.deviantart.com/
Re: Dredd (2012)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:24:00 am »
havent seen it but from the trailer i saw a LOT of similarity with The Raid: Redemption so i did some research: even though it's very similar with the raid at some points, Dredd was in production since an earlier time (though it came out later) than it and it inspired the raid's director to create what he did

Klose

• |LMC| Officer
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 11:52:46 am »
That movie was fantastic. Karl Urban is an awesome actor.

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 01:18:12 pm »
That movie was fantastic. Karl Urban is an awesome actor.

Even with his face half covered by his helmet!

frombehind

• |LMC| Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 05:40:49 am »
the only issue i took with this film was the way so many of the effects where implemented in a way to showcase 3d.

3d sucks, it was a fad which is already dying off in favour of higher def, higher resolution screens.

loved the part where they was ripping thru the walls with the mini gun trying to pin him down.

sjut

• (LMC) Friend
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 03:14:58 am »
Hello everyone!

the dayz standalone is out and i came back here to see what you guys were up to, and then i saw this thread.

i also liked dredd a lot as did the vast majority that have seen it. it outdid most people's expectations but the movie suffered from bad advertising when it was still in theatres. apparently it had a 50 million dollar budget and brought only 32 or so million in theatres. unbelievable when you look at how entertaining the movie is. there would be a sequel in the works if the movie made a profit.

anyway, you can sign this official petition to show your support for a sequel.

http://2000adonline.us5.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a6e40236aa24d482cfff600d2&id=62906ebdcc

its not much but who knows?
maybe we'll be watching the sequel some day because of this.