Author Topic: TEAMSPEAK ISSUES  (Read 1992 times)

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
TEAMSPEAK ISSUES
« on: September 30, 2014, 01:32:24 pm »
We are aware that our teamspeak server has been having some stability issues lately.  We have been communicating with game servers about it and their latest statement was that it wasn't on their end and they suggested we switch locations.  We are trying to avoid this since it would mean a completely new address after four years of having the same one.  They can not even guarantee that all our settings will go over.

I will be testing a back up server on my personal box which I leave on all the time on a solid connection.  We do have a raidcall backup (LMC Gaming), but raidcall is kind of .... "not good" lol, so at this point it is a worst case scenario back up, which we will probably never use.

If it gets unbearable and starts to drastically affect our community, please let us know, just pm me or poke me in TS (if its up at the time).

On a more positive note, it does seem to be getting better, but if people are getting dropped, then you have to let us know.  We strive to keep everything running smoothly and endeavor to make sure that we continue having great times together!  :)

Thanks dudes...

deadmanwalking

Re: TEAMSPEAK ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 03:15:05 pm »
its as unstable as me.

Hurrr

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • "Like 100 people are paying to be my friend, sooo"
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 09:58:45 pm »

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 12:39:01 am »
changing location should not matter if the port is the same, I'll just redirect the DNS (assuming everyone is still connecting to voip.lmcgaming.com:9164 and not the raw ip). I can even host it here with me for now if need bbe. We need a backup of the DB though, I have an old one somewhere I think. What is up with te current server. Dont relocate till we back it up or we will have to redo permissions all over again (which actually is a good idea, but I don't have time to do that myself).
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 11:00:48 am »
changing location should not matter if the port is the same, I'll just redirect the DNS (assuming everyone is still connecting to voip.lmcgaming.com:9164 and not the raw ip). I can even host it here with me for now if need bbe. We need a backup of the DB though, I have an old one somewhere I think. What is up with te current server. Dont relocate till we back it up or we will have to redo permissions all over again (which actually is a good idea, but I don't have time to do that myself).

I forgot about the DNS. Ok, well Game Servers also keeps back up for our servers so I was a bit confused when they said they may not be able to trasnfer over our stuff.  I will put in a support ticket right now and see what they say.

They have been pretty good for the past 6 to 8 months up until the last couple of weeks.  Their chicago location is an intermittent pain in the ass. 

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 08:02:09 pm »
I'm being ever watchful. It looks to becoming stable again after Game Servers fixed some disruption in Chicago. 

Regardless, we will be vigilantly watching for the next couple of weeks.

We are also developing several contingency and back up plans in case the problem persists or if it re-occurs.

Thanks for your patience.  Please remember that all feedback and input is greatly appreciated. 

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 09:47:47 am »
Update:  Teamspeak seems to have been stable since last update. Will continue to monitor.

deadmanwalking

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 11:19:09 am »
ty, the web is full of hackers disrupting the flow. foreign and domestic. I am busy as heck fighting 360 degrees. No BS. I'm holding my own but would love some more technical advice from you guys you have so much better computer knowledge than I do. I play smokey the bear all the time I can. stomping out the spark and looking for smoke. I jump into the forums here a mental break. :o :o :o  at what I see.