Author Topic: Planes over my head  (Read 1952 times)

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
Planes over my head
« on: October 09, 2014, 12:10:23 pm »
To give people a better understanding of how the federal government is railroading my local community by having the FAA create new low flying flight paths over my community.  They did it without letting anyone know and without any real world environmental testing.  They have effectively tired to create new airplane highways over our heads. Some of you may have heard my bitching on the subject for some time now.

I have created a playlist and will continue to keep it updated for our local civic groups trying to help find us some relief in talks with the government.  Of course, the government is never wrong in anything it ever does.

Feel my pain, biznitches! Feel it, touch it, caress it!   :'(

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCBXtAKi4R8FcTOKcJ9IP2qr8X2d3Yze

deadmanwalking

Re: Planes over my head
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 12:29:01 pm »
To give people a better understanding of how the federal government is railroading my local community by having the FAA create new low flying flight paths over my community.  They did it without letting anyone know and without any real world environmental testing.  They have effectively tired to create new airplane highways over our heads. Some of you may have heard my bitching on the subject for some time now.

I have created a playlist and will continue to keep it updated for our local civic groups trying to help find us some relief in talks with the government.  Of course, the government is never wrong in anything it ever does.

Feel my pain, biznitches! Feel it, touch it, caress it!   :'(

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCBXtAKi4R8FcTOKcJ9IP2qr8X2d3Yze

This is a common complaint around any International airport. You are not alone. The FAA has a lot of power and is very hard to deal with. It has a charter to provide safe air operations at its core structure. The language use in its inception makes it hard for other federal agencies to out trump them. It literally takes a act of congress to make a policy change. Also money does talk, here in the SeaTac region this has been a issue for decades. the topography of our region only allows for narrow safe air corridors, also we have a large Military air traffic system here who have their own power that is paramount to the operation of their aircraft. Then there are many regional airportrs to consider. Right in the middle of all of this is Boening Field were new airliners desings test from. Sometime you just can't please everyone.

White Warrior

• |LMC| Senior Member
  • knocking on heaven's door...pedal on the floor.
Re: Planes over my head
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 12:54:43 pm »
There goes the property value...

I used to hunt on a Marine military base and there was constant helicopters flying over the trees to the point that the animals had gotten used to it. That muck was loud as all hell too.
“When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.”
― Thomas Jefferson