Author Topic: Let me know what you think about this  (Read 3756 times)

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
Let me know what you think about this
« on: February 24, 2016, 04:36:32 pm »
This was what i could afford to get and i know it is somewhat barebones but i think it will work......
Gamer Scorpius 9000 (NO MONITOR)
*BASE_PRICE: [+1325]
BLKFRISALE1: ZALMAN ZM-HPS200 Gaming Headset [+0]
BLKFRISALE2: CyberpowerPC Gaming Mouse Pad [+0]
BLKFRISALE3: TP-LINK 802.11AC Archer T2U AC600 Wireless Dual Band, 2.4GHz 150Mbps/5Ghz 433Mbps USB Adapter [+0]
BLKFRISALE4: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K1 Mechnical Gaming Keyboard w/ Kontact Blue Switches and Programmable Blue LED Lighting [+0]
BLUETOOTH: None
CABLE: None
CAS: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, Side-Panel Window (Black)
CASUPGRADE: None
CC: None
CD: LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: None
CPU: AMD FX-9370 4.40 GHz (4.7 GHz Turbo) Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology [-50]
CS_FAN: Default case fans
DOCKINGSTATION: None
ENGRAVING: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Cooling Performance (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_CU: FREE! AMD Hitman Agent 47 Game Coupon
FREEBIE_HD: None
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
HDD2: None
HEADSET: None
HS_HANGER: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: None
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V3)
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: * GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 R5 AMD 990 ATX w/ Ultra Durable 3, On/Off Charge, GbLAN, 4 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 1 PCI
MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
NFC: None
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
PRO_WIRING: None
RUSH: Standard Process Time: Ship within 7 to 12 Business Day
SECURITY: None
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR [3 Year Labor, 1 Year Parts] LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SLI_BRIDGE: None
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TVRC: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Single Card)
WNC: None
WTV: None
_PRICE: (+1275)
You Can Run But You Will Just Die Tired

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
Re: Let me know what you think about this
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 10:47:10 pm »
Any reason AMD and not intel?

Also:
go for 80plus platinum if you can and prioritize reliability
price in an ssd, it's that important
bluray drive seems like a waste unless you are sure you will use it often
have you tested and compared "blue" switches compared to "red" and "brown" (I favor brown personally)

and I JUST realized this is a prebuilt and not a parts list lol. I'll do a value check this weekend if time.

but on first glance I'd say it's not a good value if you want performance/dollar. You are getting bluray and spiffy looking case instead of great performance. And no ssd means you gotta pay for that outta pocket.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:55:05 pm by ZenPhire »
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 10:11:36 pm »
No I am going to get the ssd later i could have put it into this machine from the start but i realized for the price I was only getting a 1tb hard drive And i need more than that... So it was a choice between 1tb or 2 tb and the sdd....   And i can get a cheap SSD somewhere i am sure.  I was limited on what i could spend on this machine and needed something better than what i have.... And I have been using amd since my second computer and i like them better than intel, AMD  are and can be built more for gaming. Now why a AMD graphics care over nvidia well since I am going AMD wanted a AMD video card I know it is not like the old days were they worked better together. But I like the 8 core and not top line video card but it can handle what i need it to and remember I am use to playing games on low settings so. As for the power supply I should have but i wanted more that 750w.. The 800 should be fine to handle everything.... I could have dropped the blue ray for just dvd but I do watch a lot of blue rays and if all else fails I can use my computer to watch them on the main tv.  I know you guys are hard core computer builders but I did my research first and also this way i get a warrenty on the whole thing through one place...But if you can FIND SOMETHING BETTER AND CHEAPER LE T ME KNOW, IT DOES NOT SHIP UNTIL MARCH 10th......
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:49:34 pm by gsgen »

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 03:39:42 pm »
I'll see if I can find an amazing deal. But am I hearing that you don't want to build? Only prebuilt? I would highly recommend building. More serviceable, less downtime, better warantees, and better value. Also more upgradable.

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 08:43:48 am »
well to be fait the only thing this machine does not have that i wanted was the sdd drive.. And the mother board is upgradeable I can add. Unless you think the motherboard is not as upgradable as i think it is..

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 12:31:50 am »
OEM mobos are notoriously bad for upgrading. PSUs as well. Besides that processor is sub par I'd say and GPU as well if you consider the total system cost.

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 02:57:17 pm »
Okay Placing my head in a hole in the ground and chanting," I love what i got I love what i got NAH NAH NAH" :>P... But if you knew what i had you would say WOW way better LOL by 100 fold

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
  • There are black holes on my face.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 02:59:21 pm »
Pre-fabricated systems are just notoriously sub-par in general.  You're even better off paying someone to put the parts together for you.

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 11:56:32 am »
True but i was able to pick and choose what i wanted to go into this machine it was not like you can choose from these two items and that  is it I had hundreds of items to choose from. But i wanted amd and amd video card so that limited me a little....

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 04:48:55 pm »
True but i was able to pick and choose what i wanted to go into this machine it was not like you can choose from these two items and that  is it I had hundreds of items to choose from. But i wanted amd and amd video card so that limited me a little....

Oh ok, I thought it came as is. 

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 12:39:09 am »
And I have been using amd since my second computer and i like them better than intel, AMD  are and can be built more for gaming.

As long as you realize that intel is better for gaming, especially at the price you are at. Intel actually wins in pretty much every way (sad to say as I'm an AMD fan too). But as FromBehind has said this next generation to come from AMD soon (early 2017? maybe) could be a real gamechanger, so if you can, I would wait for that. Otherwise, if you gotta buy now, then I will stick by the recommendation of intel. Especially if you are prioritizing gaming. AMD favors integer focused multicore, and that is def not gaming (floating point, primarily single core bound). For an example, I've seen a $75 intel consistently beat a $175 AMD CPU in gaming. It's closer matched at the high end, true. But just know that you are sacrificing a lot of frames in games and putting that $70 you save going with AMD into things you don't need for gaming, like Bluray.

Of course if you need a decent quad core under $100 AMD wins (even though a dual core intel will still likely be faster). OR if you are not going to use a graphics card but want passable gaming graphics integrated, AMD is winning there with their APUs (albeit only barely as intel is catching up). AMD also are better overclockers many times, but that's for people pushing the clock speeds, performance isn't the metric there. And I still prefer AMD arch in some ways, they make some great server chips, and still have their niche in gaming. But if I were going to spend close to a grand (or more) on a gaming PC... no way would I chose AMD unless it was more a conscious choice to defy intel's obvious monopoly. And if that is your motivation (fight the monopoly by taking a hit in porformance and going with the underdog) then I applaud you! =)

(also as a side note take care not to fall for all the marketing it gets confusing, like AMDs many cores not actually full cores. You don't get 8 full cores, it's only a bit better than intel hyperthreading honestly. Personally I would count 4 cores when considering value.)

ZenPhire

• |LMC| Leader
  • Good times...
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 03:19:27 am »
That being said the processor you picked is nice, and you will get great performance out of games. But honestly, I would wait to see what the next gen AMD looks like (codename Zen). Honestly I DO think it will be a game-changer. I'm holding out myself, as I think my next build will be on Zen. =)

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 02:13:13 pm »
Thank You and yes I refuse to buy in to intel in anyway and would gladly suffer some lower frame rates not to have to use one.... Celeron come on already bite me . And i do find that AMD is a cheaper alternative the same machine I built with a AMD is 300 to 500 more with an intel inside Price gouging BIOTCHES LOL......  As for the BLUYRAY  IT WAS FREE UPGRADE lol. I payed nothing extra for it at all got that instead of a DVDRW. So figured why not , not changing my price at all. And thnak you both for the response I appreciate it my machine still has not shipped so gives me something to think on.   LOL ZEN that blue ray has you raging, honestly it was free upgrade and I would save nothing not taking advantage of it.;

omniconsumer

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 06:40:42 pm »
Fact, AMD fail for years now.

Intel 4lyfe.

gsgen

• |LMC| Leader
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 08:31:32 pm »
That being said the processor you picked is nice, and you will get great performance out of games. But honestly, I would wait to see what the next gen AMD looks like (codename Zen). Honestly I DO think it will be a game-changer. I'm holding out myself, as I think my next build will be on Zen. =)
ROFLMAO that is why you changed your name from kuaui to zen i knew something was up........